Who We Are:
Challenge is a leading employee-owned tier 1 supplier of complex metal assemblies for the global automotive industry. Challenge fosters a culture of collaboration, diversity, and innovation. We believe the best ideas come from individual unique perspectives. These ideas combined with the teamwork of industry experts allow us to accomplish any challenge. Our team members take pride in the work we do every day and they are the true driving force in our operations.
Challenge is proud to be one of the largest employee-owned automotive companies in North America. One of the many benefits of joining the Challenge team is the ESOP program. This program allows Challenge to give shares of the Company to all employee-owners annually. These shares are an additional retirement benefit that will continue to grow during your time at Challenge. Being part of an ESOP means our employee-owners share in Challenge’s success!
Challenge is #EmployeeOwned and #QualityDriven ! We are #OneChallenge !
Who We Want:
Provide production support by performing setup, troubleshooting and operations of automated welding cells within the production facility, as well as implementing best practices and proactively assess welding/robotic applications.
What You’ll Do:
- Follow all safety procedures and protocols while servicing or maintaining equipment
- Mentor and support Weld Technician trainees
- Machine cleaning
- Proficiency and understanding of the use of hand measurement tools
- Understanding of how to use a Multimeter
- Perform weld tip/cap changes and weld gun maintenance
- Perform change over process of stationary welders, change out cells, automated cells
- Perform preventative maintenance on fixtures and cells including proper lubrication of components
- Able to run Red Rabbit process and troubleshoot issues if a failure occurs (i.e., properly adjust sensors or switches)
- Basic understanding of weld fixture adjustment process
- Understanding of types, uses, replacement and setup of common sensors
- Basic welding technology troubleshooting (i.e., resistance spot welding applications, weld tip inspection, tip force, shunt cable inspection/replacement, etc.), GMAW component knowledge and troubleshooting (i.e., nozzle, tip, diffuser inspection, inspection/replacement of gooseneck, welding torch, etc.)
- Plex utilization (Documentation, locate parts and components in Plex directory, work orders, find set-up documentation, down time codes)
- Basic welding (theory and experience, resistance welding, projection welding, GMAW welding, acetylene torch usage
- Basic knowledge of dispense systems (i.e., changing barrels properly, visual inspection of system), replacement of nozzles, fittings or components)
- Nut feeder operational understanding and when needed adjustment (i.e., inspection for proper level of nuts, spear alignment, clearing a jam condition)
- Basic cell resets (i.e., Homing cell, robot, and tooling)
- Touching up of robotic programmed points within a program
When and Where:
This will be 3rd Shift / 11:00PM-7:30AM Su-Th position located at our Plant 11 in Richmond, KY.
What You Need to Have:
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Industrial truck and aerial platform licenses
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft applications (i.e., word, excel, outlook, etc.)
- Successful completion of Weld Tech curriculum with passing grade (including external candidates)
- Successful completion of Weld Tech trainee period (excluding external candidates)
- Weld Tech trainees must successfully complete a probationary period and corresponding qualification card
- Has high standards of performance for self. Takes responsibility for actions, results, and mistakes. Is thorough, accurate, and reliable when performing and completing job tasks; demonstrates honesty and integrity in all aspects of work.
- Takes positive action to objectively resolve conflict by listening, staying focused on issue to find resolution, and monitoring progress. Maintains positive relationships by constructively resolving conflicts.
- Uses feedback from others to continuously improve performance and work relationships.
- Moves within own and/or other work areas (flexes) to support plant flow. Works with sense of urgency to meet needs of customers.
- Has necessary experience, skills, and knowledge to perform all aspects of job; rotates through all job responsibilities. Maintains knowledge and skills to perform job effectively.
- Has ability to focus on benefits of change and see it as positive; approaches change or newness in constructive/objective manner; views change as learning opportunity.
- Looks for good in others; works collaboratively with others; shares information and knowledge.
- Updates and relays pertinent information to oncoming shift
- Is at work when scheduled and ensures coverage when absent; takes timely breaks/lunches; uses time wisely.
- Ability to read and interpret job element sheets
- Ability to navigate teach pendant or flex pendant
- Ability to manually manipulate a robot or external axes
- Ability to use a variety of gages (functional, go/no go) required
- Ability to use hand tools properly
- Use of hand measuring tools (volt meters, micrometers, calipers, tape measures)
- Ability to practice and follow Challenge’s safety policy and procedures
- Ability to locate and troubleshoot the root cause of issues
- Understanding of welding processes
- Ability to lift/move material weighing up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work as a contributing member within team environment
What We Offer:
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, Health Savings Account with annual employer contributions, Flexible Spending Accounts, Company-Paid Short-Term Disability and Basic Life, Voluntary Life and LTD, Employer 401k Match, ESOP shares, tuition reimbursement, and paid time off.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.