Who We Are:
Challenge Manufacturing is a leading Tier 1 automotive supplier to a growing portfolio of Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) customers. Since 1981, Challenge Manufacturing has grown from a very small shop in Walker, Michigan to 12 locations across North America with 4,000 team members supported by 1,500 industrial robots.
What Makes Us Different?
Challenge Manufacturing is an employee-owned company and is currently ranked in the top 50 largest employee-owned companies in North America. Being an employee-owned company enables the Company to maintain a collaborative and teamwork-oriented work culture. Additionally, over time as the company grows, employees will share in that upside financially through ESOP retirement benefits.
Challenge is #PeoplePowered!
This role is responsible for:
- Follow all safety procedures and protocols while servicing or maintaining equipment.
- Demonstrate proficiency while troubleshooting automated welding cells to effect permanent change in order to eliminate cell down time.
- Ability to execute with proficiency all duties and responsibilities requirements of weld technician.
- Prioritize tasks within the facility relating to weld troubleshooting, set-up and coordinate events with production.
- Demonstrate basic level proficiency in troubleshooting using electrical / mechanical prints.
- Perform and critique equipment preventative maintenance.
- Troubleshoot low voltage electrical components and circuits (Connecting circuit breakers or other low voltage components in a junction box or panel) (Wiring
harnesses, drive systems, relays, boards).
- Make proper connections of the following communication protocols: Remote I/O, Ethernet, DeviceNet.
- Modify and perform basic programming of robots in all robotic applications such as ABB and Fanuc.
- Basic weld troubleshooting for all welding applications (drawn arc, GMAW, resistance welding, projection welding, Pneumatic systems, etc.).
- Basic Troubleshooting and adjustment of weld fixtures.
- Troubleshoot Poke Yoke systems and applications.
- High school diploma or equivalent (required).
- Two-year technical degree (preferred)
- Experience with Microsoft applications, i.e., word, excel, outlook, etc. (required)
- Must be able to understand and follow written and verbal workplace instructions.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed.
- Must be able to obtain hi-lo and aerial platform licenses.
- Ability to obtain arc flash training certificate.
- Excellent verbal communication skills (preferred).
- Must be physically capable of performing the essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Benefits We Offer:
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, Health Savings Account with annual employer contributions, Flexible Spending Accounts, Company-Paid Short-Term Disability and Basic Life, Voluntary Life and LTD, Employer 401k Match, ESOP shares, tuition reimbursement, and paid time off.