Location : 1401 S. Washington, Holland, MI 49423
Who We Are:
Challenge Manufacturing is a leading Tier 1 automotive supplier to a growing portfolio of Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) customers. Since 1981, Challenge Manufacturing has grown from a very small shop in Walker, Michigan to 12 locations across North America with 4,000 team members supported by 1,500 industrial robots.
What Makes Us Different?
Challenge Manufacturing is an employee-owned company and is currently ranked in the top 50 largest employee-owned companies in North America. Being an employee-owned company enables the Company to maintain a collaborative and teamwork-oriented work culture. Additionally, over time as the company grows, employees will share in that upside financially through ESOP retirement benefits.
Challenge is #PeoplePowered!
Challenge Manufacturing is looking for Weld Technician for our Holland, MI Location. Provide production support by performing setup, troubleshooting and operations of automated welding cells within a production facility, as well as implementing best practices and proactively assess welding/robotic applications.
RESPONSIBILITIES & RESULTS
- Follow all safety procedures and protocols while servicing or maintaining equipment.
- Cleans machines.
- Performs welding tip changes.
- Performs change over process of stationary welders, change out cells, and automated cells.
- Performs fixture preventative maintenance tasks.
- Follows proper lubrication practices for linear bearings, ball screws, and pillow block bearings.
- Able to run Red Rabbit process and troubleshoot issues if a failure occurs (i.e., properly adjust sensors or switches).
- Performs basic welding technology troubleshooting (i.e., resistance spot welding applications, weld tip inspection, tip force, shunt cable inspection/replacement, etc.), Inspects and replaces GMAW components (i.e., nozzle, tip, diffusers, goose necks, welding torches, etc.).
- Performs basic nut feeder adjustments (i.e., inspection for proper level of nuts, spear alignment, and clearing jams).
- Performs basic cell resets (i.e., homing cell, robot, and tooling).
- Touches up points/welds within a program.
- Troubleshoots and repairs proximity switch issues.
- High school diploma or equivalent (required).
- Must be able to understand and follow written and verbal workplace instructions.
- Must be able to work up to 12 hours per day, including Saturday and Sunday.
- Basic experience with Microsoft applications, i.e., word, excel, outlook, etc. (required).
- Basic welding theory and experience with resistance welding, projection welding, GMAW welding, and acetylene torch (required).
- Basic knowledge of dispense systems (required).
- Must be able to obtain hi-lo license.
- Ability to locate and troubleshoot the root cause of issues (required).
- Use of hand measuring tools (volt meters, micrometers, calipers, tape measures) (required).
- May be required to obtain aerial platform lift license.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with automated welding applications (required)
- Experience with ABB and Fanuc robots (preferred).
- Must be physically capable of performing the essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Benefits We Offer:
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, Health Savings Account with annual employer contributions, Flexible Spending Accounts, Company-Paid Short-Term Disability and Basic Life, Voluntary Life and LTD, Employer 401k Match, ESOP shares, tuition reimbursement, and paid time off.