Who We Are:
Challenge Manufacturing is a leading Tier 1 automotive supplier to a growing portfolio of Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) customers. Since 1981, Challenge Manufacturing has grown from a very small shop in Walker, Michigan to 12 locations across North America with 4,000 team members supported by 1,500 industrial robots.
What Makes Us Different?
Challenge Manufacturing is an employee-owned company and is currently ranked in the top 50 largest employee-owned companies in North America. Being an employee-owned company enables the Company to maintain a collaborative and teamwork-oriented work culture. Additionally, over time as the company grows, employees will share in that upside financially through ESOP retirement benefits.
Challenge is #PeoplePowered!
Responsible for inspection and installation of steel coils used for production.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND RESULTS
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Receive incoming shipments of raw materials and store properly
- Distribute raw materials by using a forklift or overhead crane
- Keep track of material inventory
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Forklift experience required
- Overhead crane experience required
- Experience in the stamping industry desired
- Has high standards of performance for self.
- Takes responsibility for actions, results, and mistakes.
- Is thorough, accurate, and reliable when performing and completing job tasks; demonstrates honesty and integrity in all aspects of work.
- Takes positive action to objectively resolve conflict by listening, staying focused on issue to find resolution, and monitoring progress.
- Maintains positive relationships by constructively resolving conflicts.
- Uses feedback from others to continuously improve performance and work relationships.
- Moves within own and/or other work areas (flexes) to support plant flow.
- Works with sense of urgency to meet needs of customers.
- Has necessary experience, skills, and knowledge to perform all aspects of job; rotates through all job responsibilities.
- Maintains knowledge and skills to perform job effectively.
- Has ability to focus on benefits of change and see it as positive; approaches change or newness in constructive/objective manner; views change as learning opportunity.
- Looks for good in others; works collaboratively with others; shares information and knowledge.
- Is at work when scheduled and ensures coverage when absent; takes timely breaks/lunches; uses time wisely.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Exposure to noise, fumes, dirt, heat, sparks, and smoke
- May also be exposed to water, vibration, dust, grease, and oil
- Exposure to high and low voltage components and systems
- Frequently walks, bends, twists, turns, and lifts while performing functions of position
- Moderate-sized equipment used around work area
- Possible cuts, scrapes, burns or bruises
- Eye protection required; hearing protection required; cut resistant arm guards required; cut resistant gloves required
- Exposure to pinch points, rotating equipment
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or equivalent
Benefits We Offer:
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, Health Savings Account with annual employer contributions, Flexible Spending Accounts, Company-Paid Short-Term Disability and Basic Life, Voluntary Life and LTD, Employer 401k Match, ESOP shares, tuition reimbursement, and paid time off.