Who We Are:
Challenge Manufacturing is a leading Tier 1 automotive supplier to a growing portfolio of Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) customers. Since 1981, Challenge Manufacturing has grown from a very small shop in Walker, Michigan to 12 locations across North America with 4,000 team members supported by 1,500 industrial robots.
What Makes Us Different?
Challenge Manufacturing is an employee-owned company and is currently ranked in the top 50 largest employee-owned companies in North America. Being an employee-owned company enables the Company to maintain a collaborative and teamwork-oriented work culture. Additionally, over time as the company grows, employees will share in that upside financially through ESOP retirement benefits.
Challenge is #PeoplePowered!
The Engineering Manager directs and coordinates activities of the plant engineering group to obtain optimum efficiency and economy of operations and maximize profits by performing the assigned duties personally or through delegation to team members.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND RESULTS
- Plans, develops and implements Manufacturing Engineering department policies and goals.
- Plans Manufacturing Engineering department schedules and prioritizes Manufacturing Engineering activities needed to launch new programs, implement engineering changes, reduce downtime, improve production efficiency, improve manufacturing methods, improve product quality, maximize
work force utilization, and improve facility layout.
- Supervises and directs activities of Manufacturing Engineers and Controls Engineers.
- Develops detailed plans for all aspects of new product launch related to Engineering and coordinates planning activity with other departments.
- Assists with developing program equipment specifications, PFMEA development, customer documentation, and establishing standard work processes.
- Analyzes production and maintenance reports to resolve operational, manufacturing, quality, and maintenance issues in order to reduce costs and prevent operational delays, or assists Manufacturing Engineers with interpreting data and resolving problems.
- Analyzes division or department budget requests to identify areas in which reductions can be made, and allocates operating budget. Approves department requisitions following company policies and procedures.
- Obtains quotes from vendors/suppliers, reviews quotes, and makes recommendations on vendor selection.
- Confers with administrative personnel and reviews activity, operating, and sales reports to determine changes in programs or operations required.
- Directs preparation of directives to division or department administrator outlining policy, program, or operations changes to be implemented.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree; or related experience and training; or equivalent combination of education and experience (required).
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (preferred).
- Five years of engineering management experience (required).
Benefits We Offer:
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, Health Savings Account with annual employer contributions, Flexible Spending Accounts, Company-Paid Short-Term Disability and Basic Life, Voluntary Life and LTD, Employer 401k Match, ESOP shares, tuition reimbursement, and paid time off.