Who We Are:
Challenge Manufacturing is a leading Tier 1 automotive supplier to a growing portfolio of Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) customers. Since 1981, Challenge Manufacturing has grown from a very small shop in Walker, Michigan to 12 locations across North America with 4,000 team members supported by 1,500 industrial robots.
What Makes Us Different?
Challenge Manufacturing is an employee-owned company and is currently ranked in the top 50 largest employee-owned companies in North America. Being an employee-owned company enables the Company to maintain a collaborative and teamwork-oriented work culture. Additionally, over time as the company grows, employees will share in that upside financially through ESOP retirement benefits.
Challenge is #PeoplePowered!
The Account Manager is responsible for managing current books of business, assisting with growth of existing accounts, and working in the best interest of Challenge Manufacturing Company to foster supplier relationships at multiple levels within a customer organization.
RESPONSIBLITIES AND RESULTS:
- Promotes and helps facilitate new business opportunities within a specific key OEM account. Coordinates with internal support staff such as Program Managers, Engineers, Quality, Estimating and Plant Operations to provide the customer with a single point of contact encompassing all issues and providing a well-rounded, focused service of professional representation. Team efforts include strong communication and market analysis with OEM.
- Works closely with customers to build strong relationships that promote new innovative solutions incorporating and customizing the sales strategy.
- Manages and maintains open commercial issues with customers while working jointly for resolution and keeping accounts up to date.
- Provides technical training and presentations to customers and communicates feedback internally for future product development ideas.
- Support the Program and Project Teams for your OEM Account to discuss new business opportunities and share market information.
- Act as a liaison between Engineering, Quality, and customer.
- Manage quoting, sampling, and quality issues for customers where required.
- Champion and drive completion of requests to meet customers on-time expectations.
- Team member of OEM Account Team. Will work hand in hand with Engineers, Designers, Supply Chain, and other account team employees.
- Be a solutions provider for our customers to allow the overall business to operate as smoothly as possible to maintain/grow customer loyalty.
- Must be physically capable of performing the essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Ability to plan and manage at both strategic and operation levels.
- Expert knowledge in Microsoft Office Applications.
- Outstanding consultative selling skills.
- Excellent communication, follow-thru, interpersonal, presentation, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Team player and self-directed.
- Sales growth and strategic planning to support the Company Sales Strategy.
- Forecasting and budgeting experience.
- Proven ability to learn the manufacturing processes of multiple suppliers.
- Some overnight travel required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of three years’ OEM Account Management and/or Program Management experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred
- Technical or automotive background is a strong plus
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Benefits We Offer:
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, Health Savings Account with annual employer contributions, Flexible Spending Accounts, Company-Paid Short-Term Disability and Basic Life, Voluntary Life and LTD, Employer 401k Match, ESOP shares, tuition reimbursement, and paid time off.