Who We Are:
Challenge Manufacturing is a leading Tier 1 automotive supplier to a growing portfolio of Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) customers. Since 1981, Challenge Manufacturing has grown from a very small shop in Walker, Michigan to 12 locations across North America with 4,000 team members supported by 1,500 industrial robots.
What Makes Us Different?
Challenge Manufacturing is an employee-owned company and is currently ranked in the top 50 largest employee-owned companies in North America. Being an employee-owned company enables the Company to maintain a collaborative and teamwork-oriented work culture. Additionally, over time as the company grows, employees will share in that upside financially through ESOP retirement benefits.
Challenge is #PeoplePowered!
Plans and directs proper layout information for all products using customer required reporting formats. Operates and maintains lab and equipment including CMM, gauge certifications, and hand tool calibrations (calipers, micrometers, scales, and other measurable tools). Conducts process
capability studies and other scientific methods to verify industrial processes, material, and products.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND RESULTS
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Understands and can explain the company's Quality Policy.
- Understands job description and required tasks.
- Able to explain how this position impacts customer satisfaction and contributes to fulfilling the Quality Policy.
- Understands the overview of Quality Management System and document
- Understands and explain all relevant quality policies, procedures and work instructions associated with this job description.
- Understands and is able to identify Quality Management System and implementation non conformances and document and/or log all non-conformity.
- Participates in preventative actions where appropriate.
- Conducts corrective actions and perform problem solving analysis and reporting as required.
- Conducts housekeeping for personal work area and shared facility space.
- Observes and complies with all safety, environmental, regulatory, and statutory requirements associated with this job description.
- Participates in needs analysis and attends and performs the requirements of scheduled training and educational programs identified for this position.
- Participates, as requested, in independent objective auditing activities and supports company continuous improvement activities.
- Stops work on processes as appropriate and contain suspect or defective material or services to avoid further processing.
- Develops and initiates standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation.
- Devises sampling procedures and designs and develops forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data.
- Establishes program to evaluate precision and accuracy of production equipment and testing, measurement, and analytical equipment and facilities.
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for disposition of discrepant material and devises methods to assess cost and responsibility.
- Conduct part and check fixture certifications and re-certification as required. Conduct all tasks required by customer self-certification programs i.e. GP-7, Match Check, GP-3, GP-8 certification, etc.
- Maintains housekeeping of CMM lab. Maintain equipment and report any problems with equipment.
- Responsible for part and check fixture layout with written data which supports that parts and fixture are made to print for PPAP submission (not responsible for all tasks associated with part submission).
- Maintain and update part layout history files.
- Must be able to understand and follow written and verbal workplace instructions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- Requires working knowledge and familiarity of computer systems
- Reliable regarding attendance and performance
- Adhere to safety rules of the plant – including PPE requirements
Benefits We Offer:
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, Health Savings Account with annual employer contributions, Flexible Spending Accounts, Company-Paid Short-Term Disability and Basic Life, Voluntary Life and LTD, Employer 401k Match, ESOP shares, tuition reimbursement, and paid time off.