Who We Are:
Challenge Manufacturing is a leading Tier 1 automotive supplier to a growing portfolio of Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) customers. Since 1981, Challenge Manufacturing has grown from a very small shop in Walker, Michigan to 12 locations across North America with 4,000 team members supported by 1,500 industrial robots.
What Makes Us Different?
Challenge Manufacturing is an employee-owned company and is currently ranked in the top 50 largest employee-owned companies in North America. Being an employee-owned company enables the Company to maintain a collaborative and teamwork-oriented work culture. Additionally, over time as the company grows, employees will share in that upside financially through ESOP retirement benefits.
Challenge is #PeoplePowered!
• Follow specified maintenance and repair procedures to install, maintain, and repair production machinery
• Utilize Plex to document appropriate downtime codes
• Ability to electrically troubleshoot issues using a meter **(level I certification)
• Knowledge of Press operation and functionality
• Basic knowledge of Lubrication systems (operation & functionality)
• Ability to read and interpret mechanical prints for troubleshooting
• Basic troubleshooting skillset when working on mechanical issues
• Use the following equipment safely: Basic Level
o Hand Tools
o Hand and Surface Grinders
o Wheel Puller
o Pipe Threader
o Hydraulic Jack
o Scissor Lift
o Milling Machine
o Drill Presses
• Proactively participate in continuous improvement efforts and drive process, tooling, and equipment
enhancements that will improve production efficiency and product quality
• Complete and manage work orders via the Plex systems
Benefits We Offer:
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, Health Savings Account with annual employer contributions, Flexible Spending Accounts, Company-Paid Short-Term Disability and Basic Life, Voluntary Life and LTD, Employer 401k Match, ESOP shares, tuition reimbursement, and paid time off.