Who We Are:
Challenge Manufacturing is a leading Tier 1 automotive supplier to a growing portfolio of Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) customers. Since 1981, Challenge Manufacturing has grown from a very small shop in Walker, Michigan to 12 locations across North America with 4,000 team members supported by 1,500 industrial robots.
What Makes Us Different?
Challenge Manufacturing is an employee-owned company and is currently ranked in the top 50 largest employee-owned companies in North America. Being an employee-owned company enables the Company to maintain a collaborative and teamwork-oriented work culture. Additionally, over time as the company grows, employees will share in that upside financially through ESOP retirement benefits.
Challenge is #PeoplePowered!
Maintains tools and tool room work area, inspects tools and equipment for wear or defects, notify of damage when needed. Maintains records of tool/equipment use.
RESPONSIBLITIES AND RESULTS
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs all duties to ensure department and plant meet daily and weekly production requirements.
- References production orders in PLEX to weld product per Job Element Sheet (JES).
- Receives, unpacks, and stores incoming tools, equipment, and materials & maintains organization of supply cabinets & needs in tool room
- Maintains equipment through washing dies, cleaning and organizing the work area; including general housekeeping of work benches and work areas & removal of trash.
- May mark and identify tools and equipment using identification tag, stamp, or electric marking tool.
- Assist Die Repair Lead in working on dies performing simple job tasks such as drilling, grinding, sanding, tightening/loosening bolts and/or details.
- Provide basic supportive assistance at the press to the Die Repair Lead (ex - hand tools as needed)
- Use crane and or forklift as needed to preform cleaning or job tasks
- Must be able to understand and follow written and verbal workplace instructions.
- Must be organized and team oriented
- Ability to use a variety of gauges (functional, go/no go) required
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 35 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than six (6) hours per day.
- Must be able to pass and maintain necessary Lock Out/Tag Out testing, Forklift Certification, and Crane Testing.
- May fill in for Die Setter/Steel Bay Attendant as needed
- Must have mechanical aptitude (take BMAT test)
- Must be able work overtime (up to 12 hrs.)
- Must have lockable toolbox with basic hand tools (ex- tape measure, Allen wrenches)
- Reliability regarding attendance and performance
- Adhere to all safety rules in the plant – including PPE requirements
- Must Supply resume when applying
Benefits We Offer:
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, Health Savings Account with annual employer contributions, Flexible Spending Accounts, Company-Paid Short-Term Disability and Basic Life, Voluntary Life and LTD, Employer 401k Match, ESOP shares, tuition reimbursement, and paid time off.