Location : 1401 S. Washington, Holland, MI 49423
Who We Are:
Challenge is a leading employee-owned tier 1 supplier of complex metal assemblies for the global automotive industry. Challenge fosters a culture of collaboration, diversity, and innovation. We believe the best ideas come from individual unique perspectives. These ideas combined with the teamwork of industry experts allow us to accomplish any challenge. Our team members take pride in the work we do every day and they are the true driving force in our operations.
Challenge is proud to be one of the largest employee-owned automotive companies in North America. One of the many benefits of joining the Challenge team is the ESOP program. This program allows Challenge to give shares of the Company to all employee-owners annually. These shares are an additional retirement benefit that will continue to grow during your time at Challenge. Being part of an ESOP means our employee-owners share in Challenge’s success!
Challenge is #EmployeeOwned and #QualityDriven ! We are #OneChallenge !
Who We Want:
Advanced Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for the new product assembly launch including the development and implementing of optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes or methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards as well as work as part of a launch team and follow the automated assembly equipment from the quoting phase to the production phase to ensure that all internal and external customer requirements are met.
What You'll Do:
- Manage suppliers/integrators to ensure project/s is/are on time and the automated equipment is manufactured per CMC’s manufacturing standards.
- Design and develop manufacturing processes, including production flow, assembly methods and production equipment.
- Maintain weekly schedules with suppliers/integrators; managing open-issue matrix and review/manage progress with project timelines.
- Review and approve tooling designs, system layouts, control design, and weld documentation.
- Provide project leadership and drive all aspects of project launch from quoting to sourcing to production.
- Work with Program team and provide weekly progress updates.
- Work with production plant/s to ensure all system processes adhere to plant requirements, open issues are closed, and system timelines are presented to plant for Plant readiness for system acceptance.
When and Where:
This will be a 1st Shift / 8:30AM-5 PM M-F position located at our Plant in Holland, MI.
What You Need to Have:
- S. degree from a 4-year college or university in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, etc) or 2 year associates degree and 4+ years’ experience in related industry
- Demonstrated knowledge of: Automated assembly experience, cell layout and operations experience, BIW product understanding & experience, sheet metal fabrication and assembly experience, AutoCad, Project Management, Robotics programming a plus (Fanuc/ABB)
- Manufacturing systems and process
- Material flow
- Weld/joining knowledge (spot, projection, MIG, drawn arc, Laser, mechanical)
- Proficient in understanding of GD&T
- Able to comprehend dimensional reports and correlate data to product or tooling for dimensional improvements
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project)
- Proficient with understanding of Cad and cad viewing systems
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal skills to work with others
- Has high standards of performance for self
- Takes responsibility for actions, results, and mistakes
- Is thorough, accurate, and reliable when performing and completing job tasks; demonstrates honesty and integrity in all aspects of work
- Takes positive action to objectively resolve conflict by listening, staying focused on issue to find resolution, and monitoring progress
- Maintains positive relationships by constructively resolving conflicts
- Uses feedback from others to continuously improve performance and work relationships
- Moves within own and/or other work areas (flexes) to support plant flow
- Works with sense of urgency to meet needs of customers
- Has necessary experience, skills, and knowledge to perform all aspects of job; rotates through all job responsibilities
- Maintains knowledge and skills to perform job effectively
- Has ability to focus on benefits of change and see it as positive; approaches change or newness in constructive/objective manner; views change as learning opportunity
- Looks for good in others; works collaboratively with others; shares information and knowledge
- Is at work when scheduled and ensures coverage when absent; takes timely breaks/lunches; uses time wisely
- On occasions the employee will be working either on the plant floor or with external suppliers/integrators standing and walking for several hours
- Will be able to lift to 30 lbs
What We Offer:
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, Health Savings Account with annual employer contributions, Flexible Spending Accounts, Company-Paid Short-Term Disability and Basic Life, Voluntary Life and LTD, Employer 401k Match, ESOP shares, tuition reimbursement, and paid time off.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.