Who We Are:
Challenge Manufacturing is a leading Tier 1 automotive supplier to a growing portfolio of Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) customers. Since 1981, Challenge Manufacturing has grown from a very small shop in Walker, Michigan to 12 locations across North America with 4,000 team members supported by 1,500 industrial robots.
What Makes Us Different?
Challenge Manufacturing is an employee-owned company and is currently ranked in the top 50 largest employee-owned companies in North America. Being an employee-owned company enables the Company to maintain a collaborative and teamwork-oriented work culture. Additionally, over time as the company grows, employees will share in that upside financially through ESOP retirement benefits.
Challenge is #PeoplePowered!
Build IIOT platforms for all corporate assets to help in continuous improvement and quality, including but not limited to:
- Generate aesthetic HMI screens for complex machinery that provide enough feedback for troubleshooting.
- Generate PLC ladder logic with an emphasis on generating code that is organized, structured, documented, maintainable, and reusable using existing programming standards.
- Provide feedback and experience in equipment design reviews.
- Digitalize the status of all assets on the floor to process systems and people.
- Create intelligent operational systems to retrieve data from various assets to find the root cause of issues facing the company to take faster and better business decisions and achieve higher operational performance.
- Create flexible systems to configure and control manufacturing applications from a centralized location.
- Utilize machine learning and neural networks to enhance the production systems on the floor.
- Create predictive analytics of our products and machinery to improve the quality of our products and the lifetime of our assets.
- Maintain and improve programming standards for PLC and Ignition SCADA automated systems
- Develop maintenance documentation, training programs, and lead this training
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or similar majors or 3+ years experience in cloud and IIOT software development.
- Experience with SQL, scripting, creating various reports, and utilization of database tools.
- Proficient in PLC programming, troubleshooting, and configuration. Allen-Bradley platforms (ControlLogix, CompactLogix), Siemens, Beckhoff is a plus.
- Experience with robot programming (Fanuc, ABB, Kawasaki) preferred.
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Benefits We Offer:
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, Health Savings Account with annual employer contributions, Flexible Spending Accounts, Company-Paid Short-Term Disability and Basic Life, Voluntary Life and LTD, Employer 401k Match, ESOP shares, tuition reimbursement, and paid time off.