Who We Are:
Challenge Manufacturing is a leading Tier 1 automotive supplier to a growing portfolio of Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) customers. Since 1981, Challenge Manufacturing has grown from a very small shop in Walker, Michigan to 12 locations across North America with 4,000 team members supported by 1,500 industrial robots.
What Makes Us Different?
Challenge Manufacturing is an employee-owned company and is currently ranked in the top 50 largest employee-owned companies in North America. Being an employee-owned company enables the Company to maintain a collaborative and teamwork-oriented work culture. Additionally, over time as the company grows, employees will share in that upside financially through ESOP retirement benefits.
Challenge is #PeoplePowered!
The Director of Program Management acts in a leadership capacity to ensure that the affiliated program teams are supported, managed, and execute customer deliverables as required. This person assists with all aspects of the groups launch process to make sure CMC’s internal and external customer requirements are met.
• Minimum of ten years’ experience in the automotive industry, preferably in stamping, welding, or assembly operations.
• Minimum of ten years of experience as a program manager or equivalent.
• Minimum of five years of experience leading and mentoring a team.
• A proven track record of successfully launching large scale program on time and under budget.
• Extensive experience with APQP, PAPP, PFMEA, Control Plans and GD&T.
• Experience with launching programs for multiple OEMs as a tier 1.
• Experience with Microsoft Office and Project required
Benefits We Offer:
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, Health Savings Account with annual employer contributions, Flexible Spending Accounts, Company-Paid Short-Term Disability and Basic Life, Voluntary Life and LTD, Employer 401k Match, ESOP shares, tuition reimbursement, and paid time off.