Who We Are:
Challenge Manufacturing is a leading Tier 1 automotive supplier to a growing portfolio of Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) customers. Since 1981, Challenge Manufacturing has grown from a very small shop in Walker, Michigan to 12 locations across North America with 4,000 team members supported by 1,500 industrial robots.
What Makes Us Different?
Challenge Manufacturing is an employee-owned company and is currently ranked in the top 50 largest employee-owned companies in North America. Being an employee-owned company enables the Company to maintain a collaborative and teamwork-oriented work culture. Additionally, over time as the company grows, employees will share in that upside financially through ESOP retirement benefits.
Challenge is #PeoplePowered!
The primary responsibilities of the Quality Administrator are coordination, planning, organization and documentation in support of the Plant Quality Team and Quality Management System (QMS).
RESPONSIBILITIES AND RESULTS
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Create daily reports for final audit failures
- Set up and train all operators for failures found at customer location and internal
- Assist engineering with PPAP, APQP documentation
- Input daily NCM and dispositioning of failed product
- Support Quality Engineers on part to part concerns regarding acceptability, inspection methodology, and customer expectations.
- Assist with implementing new methods of inspection and control when required. (i.e.: enhanced containment techniques and documentation, SPC data, scheduled CMM runs or Roamer scans, etc.)
- Collect, input and send out a daily report for all defects found from GP-12 and Final Audit.
- Verify that all findings are recorded into Plex.
- Attend all PC and Fast Response meetings.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Knowledge of quality processes and procedures within a manufacturing environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Competent with computer software such as, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, MS Project).
- Knowledge of MRP/ERP systems (Plex is a strong plus).
- A highly motivated team player who contributes to an atmosphere in which people collaboratively, enthusiastically and effectively produce results
- Must be flexible with the ability to change, adapt and grow
- Has high standards of performance for self.
- Takes responsibility for actions, results, and mistakes.
- Is thorough, accurate, and reliable when performing and completing job tasks; demonstrates honesty and integrity in all aspects of work.
- Takes positive action to objectively resolve conflict by listening, staying focused on issue to find resolution, and monitoring progress.
- Maintains positive relationships by constructively resolving conflicts.
- Uses feedback from others to continuously improve performance and work relationships.
- Moves within own and/or other work areas (flexes) to support plant flow.
- Works with sense of urgency to meet needs of customers.
- Has necessary experience, skills, and knowledge to perform all aspects of job; rotates through all job responsibilities.
- Maintains knowledge and skills to perform job effectively.
- Has ability to focus on benefits of change and see it as positive; approaches change or newness in constructive/objective manner; views change as learning opportunity.
- Looks for good in others; works collaboratively with others; shares information and knowledge.
- Is at work when scheduled and ensures coverage when absent; takes timely breaks/lunches; uses time wisely.
Benefits We Offer:
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, Health Savings Account with annual employer contributions, Flexible Spending Accounts, Company-Paid Short-Term Disability and Basic Life, Voluntary Life and LTD, Employer 401k Match, ESOP shares, tuition reimbursement, and paid time off.