Location : 1401 S. Washington, Holland, MI 49423
Who We Are:
Challenge is a leading employee-owned tier 1 supplier of complex metal assemblies for the global automotive industry. Challenge fosters a culture of collaboration, diversity, and innovation. We believe the best ideas come from individual unique perspectives. These ideas combined with the teamwork of industry experts allow us to accomplish any challenge. Our team members take pride in the work we do every day and they are the true driving force in our operations.
Challenge is proud to be one of the largest employee-owned atumotive companies in North America. One of the many benefits of joining the Challenge team is the ESOP program. This program allows Challenge to give shares of the Company to all employee-owners annually. These shares are an additional retirement benefit that will continue to grow during your time at Challenge. Being part of an ESOP means our employee-owners share in Challenge’s success!
Challenge is #PeoplePowered and #EmployeeOwned !
We have an immediate opening for a Facilities Maintenance Manager at our Holland, MI location. The purpose of this role is to lead plant maintenance team members of various disciplines, assign daily tasks, enforce company policies and procedures, and assist with maintenance tasks as needed. They will also develop processes to maximize stewardship, safety, quality, and productivity.
- Ensure personnel follow established safety procedures and implement improvement projects. Maximize reliability, efficiency, and safety of equipment.
- Manage risk by working to identify, assess, and control risk.
- Manage projects and tasks to ensure smooth performance of overall goals.
- Ensure plant manpower is sufficient and properly trained to work in an effective and efficient manner.
- Maintain effective predictive and preventative maintenance programs by use of established metrics, planning, PM program, predictive technologies, and RCFA.
- Develop and ensure company standards are upheld and maintained.
- Install and/or modify manufacturing equipment to meet production requirements and risk mitigation.
- Work with outside contractors when scope of repair is beyond plant capabilities or responsibilities.
- Respond to production emergencies and down equipment escalations. Oversee the management of maintenance and repair of production and facilities equipment.
- Manage projects to provide prompt response to requests and issues from multiple departments and / or plants.
- Implement best practice processes to increase productivity, quality, output, and reduce downtime risk.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities and recommend process improvements.
- Effective team management built on creating and maintaining strong relationships across the organization. Effectively communicate with corporate and plant teams to ensure effective outcomes.
- Ensure effective communication to all vendors, stakeholders, contractors, and customers is clear, concise, timely, and thorough.
- Ensure department participates and works effectively to meet corporate and plant cost metrics.
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Technical Discipline strongly preferred
- Three to five years’ work experience in facilities maintenance leadership role.
- Experience with predictive and preventative maintenance programs required
- Willingness and ability to obtain appropriate (hilo, crane, lift, etc.) operating licenses
- Automotive industry experience preferred
- Computer literacy required, including MS Office (Excel) and ERP/MRP system (Plex is a plus) experience
- Strong team building, decision-making, organization, multi-tasking, and people management skills
What We Offer:
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, Health Savings Account with annual employer contributions, Flexible Spending Accounts, Company-Paid Short-Term Disability and Basic Life, Voluntary Life and LTD, Employer 401k Match, ESOP shares, tuition reimbursement, and paid time off.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.