Who We Are:
Challenge is a leading employee-owned tier 1 supplier of complex metal assemblies for the global automotive industry. Challenge fosters a culture of collaboration, diversity, and innovation. We believe the best ideas come from individual unique perspectives. These ideas combined with the teamwork of industry experts allow us to accomplish any challenge. Our team members take pride in the work we do every day and they are the true driving force in our operations.
Challenge is proud to be one of the largest employee-owned atumotive companies in North America. One of the many benefits of joining the Challenge team is the ESOP program. This program allows Challenge to give shares of the Company to all employee-owners annually. These shares are an additional retirement benefit that will continue to grow during your time at Challenge. Being part of an ESOP means our employee-owners share in Challenge’s success!
Challenge is #PeoplePowered and #EmployeeOwned !
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the Human Resource Manager is directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resource function within their facility.
- Leads hourly recruitment efforts, including confirming hiring needs with Plant Leadership; working with supervisors to screen and interview candidates; extending offers; scheduling drug testing and background checks; communicating internal opportunities; conducting exit interviews, and identifying areas for improvement
- Coordinates use of staffing agencies, including communicating needs, uploading agency new hires into ADP Workforce Now and Enhanced Time, investigating and resolving issues with agency team members, providing weekly payroll reports, and approving invoices
- Presents company information in New Employee Orientation, including policies, procedures, and employee benefits. Assists team members with benefits enrollment, life events, and supporting documentation
- Ensures consistent application of company policies, including administration of attendance points policy; issuing written discipline documents; investigating alleged misconduct; and coaching plant leadership on disciplinary matters
- Processes weekly hourly team member payroll using ADP Workforce Now, including resolving timecard discrepancies, confirming timecard approvals, processing weekly payroll file, and investigating payroll discrepancies
- Establishes and maintains department records and reports. Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings, such as seminars. Maintains organizational charts and employee directory
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws
- Participates in unemployment hearings when necessary
- PHR / SHRM-CP/SCP certificate preferred
- 4 or more years functioning as an HR Manager in a similarly sized company
- Has high standards of performance for self
- Takes responsibility for actions, results, and mistakes
- Is thorough, accurate, and reliable when performing and completing job tasks; demonstrates honesty and integrity in all aspects of work
- Takes positive action to objectively resolve conflict by listening, staying focused on issue to find resolution, and monitoring progress
- Maintains positive relationships by constructively resolving conflicts
- Uses feedback from others to continuously improve performance and work relationships
What We Offer:
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, Health Savings Account with annual employer contributions, Flexible Spending Accounts, Company-Paid Short-Term Disability and Basic Life, Voluntary Life and LTD, Employer 401k Match, ESOP shares, tuition reimbursement, and paid time off.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.