Who We Are:
Challenge is a leading employee-owned tier 1 supplier of complex metal assemblies for the global automotive industry. Challenge fosters a culture of collaboration, diversity, and innovation. We believe the best ideas come from individual unique perspectives. These ideas combined with the teamwork of industry experts allow us to accomplish any challenge. Our team members take pride in the work we do every day and they are the true driving force in our operations.
Challenge is proud to be one of the largest employee-owned atumotive companies in North America. One of the many benefits of joining the Challenge team is the ESOP program. This program allows Challenge to give shares of the Company to all employee-owners annually. These shares are an additional retirement benefit that will continue to grow during your time at Challenge. Being part of an ESOP means our employee-owners share in Challenge’s success!
Challenge is #PeoplePowered and #EmployeeOwned !
Responsible for inspection and installation of steel coils used for production.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND RESULTS
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Receive incoming shipments of raw materials and store properly
- Distribute raw materials by using a forklift or overhead crane
- Keep track of material inventory
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Forklift experience required
- Overhead crane experience required
- Experience in the stamping industry desired
- Has high standards of performance for self.
- Takes responsibility for actions, results, and mistakes.
- Is thorough, accurate, and reliable when performing and completing job tasks; demonstrates honesty and integrity in all aspects of work.
- Takes positive action to objectively resolve conflict by listening, staying focused on issue to find resolution, and monitoring progress.
- Maintains positive relationships by constructively resolving conflicts.
- Uses feedback from others to continuously improve performance and work relationships.
- Moves within own and/or other work areas (flexes) to support plant flow.
- Works with sense of urgency to meet needs of customers.
- Has necessary experience, skills, and knowledge to perform all aspects of job; rotates through all job responsibilities.
BEHAVIORAL REQUIREMENTS (Cont.)
- Maintains knowledge and skills to perform job effectively.
- Has ability to focus on benefits of change and see it as positive; approaches change or newness in constructive/objective manner; views change as learning opportunity.
- Looks for good in others; works collaboratively with others; shares information and knowledge.
- Is at work when scheduled and ensures coverage when absent; takes timely breaks/lunches; uses time wisely.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Exposure to noise, fumes, dirt, heat, sparks, and smoke
- May also be exposed to water, vibration, dust, grease, and oil
- Exposure to high and low voltage components and systems
- Frequently walks, bends, twists, turns, and lifts while performing functions of position
- Moderate-sized equipment used around work area
- Possible cuts, scrapes, burns or bruises
- Eye protection required; hearing protection required; cut resistant arm guards required; cut resistant gloves required
Exposure to pinch points, rotating equipment
What We Offer:
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, Health Savings Account with annual employer contributions, Flexible Spending Accounts, Company-Paid Short-Term Disability and Basic Life, Voluntary Life and LTD, Employer 401k Match, ESOP shares, tuition reimbursement, and paid time off.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.