Who We Are:
Challenge is a leading employee-owned tier 1 supplier of complex metal assemblies for the global automotive industry. Challenge fosters a culture of collaboration, diversity, and innovation. We believe the best ideas come from individual unique perspectives. These ideas combined with the teamwork of industry experts allow us to accomplish any challenge. Our team members take pride in the work we do every day and they are the true driving force in our operations.
Challenge is proud to be one of the largest employee-owned automotive companies in North America. One of the many benefits of joining the Challenge team is the ESOP program. This program allows Challenge to give shares of the Company to all employee-owners annually. These shares are an additional retirement benefit that will continue to grow during your time at Challenge. Being part of an ESOP means our employee-owners share in Challenge’s success!
Challenge is #PeoplePowered and #EmployeeOwned !
Who We Want:
We are looking for a Training Coordinator to join our team!
This individual will support our plant in Richmond, KY. This role reports directly to the Director of Learning & Development. The Training Coordinator plays an important role in ensuring Challenge Manufacturing team members are prepared to work safely and deliver quality parts to our customers. The Training Coordinator partners and communicates with Plant management to identify training needs, schedules training classes to meet those needs, ensures that all training is conducted to Company standards, and ensures the accuracy of training records.
The Training Coordinator also supervises the activities of Plant Trainers and Floor Trainers
What You'll Do:
- Partner with Plant Management
- Determine plant training needs.
- Train all levels of plant leadership on using Challenge University.
- Communicate production equipment additions to LMS Administrator for observation checklists.
- Supervise Plant Trainers and Floor Trainers
- Provide direction, train and coach to develop skills, and administer corrective action, as needed.
- Conduct audits to ensure compliance with processes.
- Conduct annual performance review.
- Manage and edit timecards and approve PTO requests.
- Schedule and Conduct Training
- Create and maintain training schedule for the plant.
- Conduct New Hire Training (backup for Plant Trainer), including ensuring each team member has an active identification badge using Alpha Card and C-Cure systems.
- Schedule and conduct motorized equipment permit and Authorized Lockout Tagout classroom training and testing; coordinate with certified trainers for operational evaluations.
- Schedule and conduct annual refresher training (backup for Plant Trainer).
- Assist with external training requests.
- Manage the On-The-Job (OJT) Certification Process
- Provide training on how to conduct all levels of Observation Checklists.
- Complete Common Core (level 1) Observation Checklists (as backup for Plant Trainer).
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of Observation Checklists by Plant Trainers and Floor Trainers.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date training records
- Ensure training sessions are created in Challenge University and attendance is recorded.
- Ensure necessary documents (example: sign-in sheets, tests) are scanned and saved.
- Maintain expiration dates for motorized equipment permits.
- Training records include, but are not limited to, Skills Matrix, New Hire Training, Common Core Observation Checklists, and classroom training for motorized equipment and safety.
When and Where:
This will be a 1st Shift / 8AM-5PM M-F position located at our Plant in Richmond, KY.
What You Need to Have:
- Minimum 3-5 years Training & Development experience preferred.
- Degree/Certifications in Training or related field strongly preferred.
- Experience in automotive or heavy manufacturing a strong plus.
- Has high standards of performance for self. Takes responsibility for actions, results, and mistakes. Is thorough, accurate, and reliable when performing and completing job tasks; demonstrates honesty and integrity in all aspects of work.
- Takes positive action to objectively resolve conflict by listening, staying focused on issue to find resolution, and monitoring progress. Maintains positive relationships by constructively resolving conflicts.
- Uses feedback from others to continuously improve performance and work relationships.
- Moves within own and/or other work areas (flexes) to support plant flow. Works with sense of urgency to meet needs of customers.
- Has necessary experience, skills, and knowledge to perform all aspects of job; rotates through all job responsibilities. Maintains knowledge and skills to perform job effectively.
- Has ability to focus on benefits of change and see it as positive; approaches change or newness in constructive/objective manner; views change as learning opportunity.
- Looks for good in others; works collaboratively with others; shares information and knowledge.
- Updates and relays pertinent information to all relevant stakeholders.
- Is at work when scheduled and ensures coverage when absent; takes timely breaks/lunches; uses time wisely.
What We Offer:
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, Health Savings Account with annual employer contributions, Flexible Spending Accounts, Company-Paid Short-Term Disability and Basic Life, Voluntary Life and LTD, Employer 401k Match, ESOP shares, tuition reimbursement, and paid time off.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.