Who We Are:
Challenge is a leading employee-owned tier 1 supplier of complex metal assemblies for the global automotive industry. Challenge fosters a culture of collaboration, diversity, and innovation. We believe the best ideas come from individual unique perspectives. These ideas combined with the teamwork of industry experts allow us to accomplish any challenge. Our team members take pride in the work we do every day and they are the true driving force in our operations.
Challenge is proud to be one of the largest employee-owned automotive companies in North America. One of the many benefits of joining the Challenge team is the ESOP program. This program allows Challenge to give shares of the Company to all employee-owners annually. These shares are an additional retirement benefit that will continue to grow during your time at Challenge. Being part of an ESOP means our employee-owners share in Challenge’s success!
Challenge is #PeoplePowered and #EmployeeOwned !
Who We Want:
The Group Leader assists the Department Manager with monitoring, planning, and implementing maintenance work activities to support production, preventive maintenance, and other assigned tasks. The maintenance group leader monitors Quality, Safety, and Efficiency of the maintenance team to ensure that customer (internal and external) needs are met. Group leaders are also moral builders and responsible for creating a positive work environment for all employees and solve problems as a team.
What You'll Do:
- Manage processes with detailed accuracy, and discipline.
- Coaches and assist all employees with problem solving.
- Teaches, trains, and keeps accurate records of training.
- Ensures all quality standards are met.
- Ensures that preventive maintenance activities are performed properly and on-time.
- Pays close attention to detail. Example: Safety, Housekeeping, quality, performance, instructions given by management, and employee well-being.
- Incident reporting, and investigation of root cause for injuries, near misses, and mishits that occur on tools.
- Monitors employee attendance, and disciplines accordingly in accordance with the employee handbook.
- Manages maintenance team operations in accordance with expectations for safety, quality, performance, and attendance.
- Supports team members with completion of daily tasks.
- Conducts toolbox talks daily to ensure proper and consistent communication.
When and Where:
This will be a 2nd Shift / 4:30pm-3:30am T-F position located at our Plant in Kansas City, MO.
What You Need to Have:
- Minimum 10 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a 4-year college or university or HS Diploma/GED with 3-5 years of maintenance experience preferred
- Has high standards of performance for self.
- Takes responsibility for actions, results, and mistakes.
- Is thorough, accurate, and reliable when performing and completing job tasks; demonstrates honesty and integrity in all aspects of work.
- Takes positive action to objectively resolve conflict by listening, staying focused on issue to find resolution, and monitoring progress.
- Maintains positive relationships by constructively resolving conflicts.
- Uses feedback from others to continuously improve performance and work relationships.
- Moves within own and/or other work areas (flexes) to support plant flow.
- Works with sense of urgency to meet needs of customers.
- Has necessary experience, skills, and knowledge to perform all aspects of job; rotates through all job responsibilities.
- Maintains knowledge and skills to perform job effectively.
- Has ability to focus on benefits of change and see it as positive; approaches change or newness in constructive/objective manner; views change as learning opportunity.
- Looks for good in others; works collaboratively with others; shares information and knowledge.
- Is at work when scheduled and ensures coverage when absent; takes timely breaks/lunches; uses time wisely.
- Precision measurement skills using measure devises such as micrometers.
- Intermediate computer skills – Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Intermediate mathematic and blueprint reading skills
- Team building skills
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills
What We Offer:
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, Health Savings Account with annual employer contributions, Flexible Spending Accounts, Company-Paid Short-Term Disability and Basic Life, Voluntary Life and LTD, Employer 401k Match, ESOP shares, tuition reimbursement, and paid time off.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.