Who We Are:
Challenge is a leading employee-owned tier 1 supplier of complex metal assemblies for the global automotive industry. Challenge fosters a culture of collaboration, diversity, and innovation. We believe the best ideas come from individual unique perspectives. These ideas combined with the teamwork of industry experts allow us to accomplish any challenge. Our team members take pride in the work we do every day and they are the true driving force in our operations.
Challenge is proud to be one of the largest employee-owned automotive companies in North America. One of the many benefits of joining the Challenge team is the ESOP program. This program allows Challenge to give shares of the Company to all employee-owners annually. These shares are an additional retirement benefit that will continue to grow during your time at Challenge. Being part of an ESOP means our employee-owners share in Challenge’s success!
Challenge is #PeoplePowered , #EmployeeOwned , and #QualityDriven !
Who We Want:
Plans and directs proper layout information for all products using customer required reporting formats. Operates and maintains lab and equipment including CMM, gauge certifications, and hand tool calibrations (calipers, micrometers, scales, and other measurable tools). Responsible for programming and operating CMM machines. Conducts process capability studies and other scientific methods to verify industrial processes, material, and products.
What You'll Do:
- Understands and can explain the company's Quality Policy.
- Understands job description and required tasks.
- Able to explain how this position impacts customer satisfaction and contributes to fulfilling the Quality Policy.
- Understands the overview of Quality Management System and document architecture.
- Understands and explain all relevant quality policies, procedures and work instructions associated with this job description.
- Understands and is able to identify Quality Management System and implementation non conformances and document and/or log all non-conformity.
- Participates in preventative actions where appropriate.
- Conducts corrective actions and perform problem solving analysis and reporting as required.
- Conducts housekeeping for personal work area and shared facility space.
- Observes and complies with all safety, environmental, regulatory, and statutory requirements associated with this job description.
- Participates in needs analysis and attends and performs the requirements of scheduled training and educational programs identified for this position.
- Participates, as requested, in independent objective auditing activities and supports company continuous improvement activities.
- Stops work on processes as appropriate and contain suspect or defective material or services to avoid further processing.
- Develops and initiates standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation.
- Devises sampling procedures and designs and develops forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data.
- Establishes program to evaluate precision and accuracy of production equipment and testing, measurement, and analytical equipment and facilities.
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for disposition of discrepant material and devises methods to assess cost and responsibility.
- Conduct part and check fixture certifications and re-certification as required. Conduct all tasks required by customer self-certification programs i.e. GP-7, Match Check, GP-3, GP-8 certification, etc.
- Maintains housekeeping of CMM lab. Maintain equipment and report any problems with equipment.
- Responsible for part and check fixture layout with written data which supports that parts and fixture are made to print for PPAP submission (not responsible for all tasks associated with part submission).
- Maintain and update part layout history files.
When and Where:
This will be a 1st Shift / 7AM-4PM M-F position located at our Plant in Spartanburg, SC.
What You Need to Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree (required)
- Two years related experience and/or training (required)
- Five years’ experience as a CMM Programmer (preferred)
What We Offer:
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, Health Savings Account with annual employer contributions, Flexible Spending Accounts, Company-Paid Short-Term Disability and Basic Life, Voluntary Life and LTD, Employer 401k Match, ESOP shares, tuition reimbursement, and paid time off.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.