Location : 1401 S. Washington, Holland, MI 49423
Who We Are:
Challenge is a leading employee-owned tier 1 supplier of complex metal assemblies for the global automotive industry. Challenge fosters a culture of collaboration, diversity, and innovation. We believe the best ideas come from individual unique perspectives. These ideas combined with the teamwork of industry experts allow us to accomplish any challenge. Our team members take pride in the work we do every day and they are the true driving force in our operations.
Challenge is proud to be one of the largest employee-owned automotive companies in North America. One of the many benefits of joining the Challenge team is the ESOP program. This program allows Challenge to give shares of the Company to all employee-owners annually. These shares are an additional retirement benefit that will continue to grow during your time at Challenge. Being part of an ESOP means our employee-owners share in Challenge’s success!
Challenge is #EmployeeOwned and #QualityDriven ! We are #OneChallenge !
Has primary responsibility for setting up, running and monitoring up to 2,000 Ton transfer presses ensuring quality stampings are produced per the Challenge Manufacturing Quality Standards, production orders and engineering specifications. Monitors press and makes adjustments throughout the stamping run. Performs necessary quality checks, records information in enterprise resource data planning system (ERP), and performs general utility work to meet work schedule.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND RESULTS:
- Performs all duties to ensure department and plant meet daily and weekly production requirements.
- References production orders in Plex to stamp product per Job Element Sheet (JES).
- Sets up and adjusts stamping press according to die set-up sheet.
- Select and verify appropriate steel coils to ensure product meets customer requirements.
- Changes steel coils at appropriate intervals to ensure production output continues.
- Frequently loads, unloads, lifts/moves, pulls/pushes, and/or positions products and materials weighing up to 40 pounds, occasionally weighing more (assistance given with heavier objects by work partner[s]), throughout assigned work center. Press operations involve frequent standing, walking, bending, twisting, turning, and lifting.
- May select proper rack or bin to pack parts and/or store parts for next process.
- Properly packs parts in correct pin/storage container per packaging instructions to meet customer requirements. Ensures proper labeling requirements are followed. Uses personal computer (PC), Plex system, keyboard, and mouse.
- Completes on-line work center and operator inspection sheets to verify process are stable and all visual inspection and gage requirements are being met.
- Visually inspects parts from stamping press per Challenge Manufacturing quality standards to ensure proper form, fit, and function. Ensures customer and Challenge Manufacturing quality standards are met per gage instructions, first piece inspection approval, problem containment processes, quality alerts and other quality standards called out in the Challenge Manufacturing Quality Policy and/or Plex System specific for each work center.
- Ensures and maintains safety and cleanliness of work area by performing housekeeping duties.
- Performs and cross trains on various work centers as required.
- Completes appropriate paperwork and other documentation (hourly count boards).
- Meets daily production requirements.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Ability to adjust press speed or learn to adjust press speed
- Ability to set press height (shut height) or ability to learn to set press height
- Ability to adjust press fingers
- Ability to read and interpret job element sheets
- Ability to use a variety of gages (functional, go/no go) required
- PC and keyboard/mouse skills required
- Ability to frequently lift/move material weighing up to 40 pounds
- Ability to work as a contributing member within team environment
- Has high standards of performance for self. Takes responsibility for actions, results, and mistakes. Is thorough, accurate, and reliable when performing and completing job tasks; demonstrates honesty and integrity in all aspects of work.
- Takes positive action to objectively resolve conflict by listening, staying focused on issue to find resolution, and monitoring progress. Maintains positive relationships by constructively resolving conflicts.
- Uses feedback from others to continuously improve performance and work relationships.
- Moves within own and/or other work areas (flexes) to support plant flow. Works with sense of urgency to meet needs of customers.
- Has necessary experience, skills, and knowledge to perform all aspects of job; rotates through all job responsibilities. Maintains knowledge and skills to perform job effectively.
- Has ability to focus on benefits of change and see it as positive; approaches change or newness in constructive/objective manner; views change as learning opportunity.
- Looks for good in others; works collaboratively with others; shares information and knowledge.
- Is at work when scheduled and ensures coverage when absent; takes timely breaks/lunches; uses time wisely.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Frequent also be exposed to water, vibration, dust, grease, and oil
- May exposure to noise, fumes, dirt, and heat
- Frequently loads, unloads, lifts/moves, pulls/pushes, and/or positions products and materials, weighing up to 40 pounds, occasionally weighing more (assistance given with heaving objects by work partner [s], through work center
- Frequently walks, bends, twists, turns, and lifts while performing functions of position
- Large-sized equipment used around work area
- Possible cuts, scrapes, burns or bruises
- Eye protection required; hearing protection required; cut resistant arm guards required; cut resistant gloves required
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- One year of experience running stamping presses (Automatic Feed or Transfer)
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Prior experience performing die-set ups
- Experience with part transfer systems (Linear system)
- Experience with AIDA, Verson and / or Eagle brand stamping machines
What We Offer:
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, Health Savings Account with annual employer contributions, Flexible Spending Accounts, Company-Paid Short-Term Disability and Basic Life, Voluntary Life and LTD, Employer 401k Match, ESOP shares, tuition reimbursement, and paid time off.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.