Location : 1401 S. Washington, Holland, MI 49423
Who We Are:
Challenge is a leading employee-owned tier 1 supplier of complex metal assemblies for the global automotive industry. Challenge fosters a culture of collaboration, diversity, and innovation. We believe the best ideas come from individual unique perspectives. These ideas combined with the teamwork of industry experts allow us to accomplish any challenge. Our team members take pride in the work we do every day and they are the true driving force in our operations.
Challenge is proud to be one of the largest employee-owned automotive companies in North America. One of the many benefits of joining the Challenge team is the ESOP program. This program allows Challenge to give shares of the Company to all employee-owners annually. These shares are an additional retirement benefit that will continue to grow during your time at Challenge. Being part of an ESOP means our employee-owners share in Challenge’s success!
Challenge is #PeoplePowered , #EmployeeOwned , and #QualityDriven !
Prepares a systematic approach to the cleaning, repair, and maintenance of the building, grounds, equipment, and related facilities. Performs minor carpentry, painting, and plumbing maintenance work. Oversees the maintenance and repair of mechanical equipment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND RESULTS
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Clean and repair building fixtures including lights, locks, windows, doors, screens, walls, floors, gutters and drains.
- Operate and perform routine maintenance and repairs on HVAC equipment and related systems.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that building systems operate efficiently and that the physical condition of buildings do not deteriorate.
- Perform maintenance tasks associated with building systems; such as carpentry, painting, plumbing and electrical repairs to ensure that the building is properly maintained.
- Performs janitorial duties, when necessary:
- Clean, sanitize, and stock restrooms/locker rooms using established practices and procedures.
- Clean, dust, and wipe furniture, sweep, mop, or vacuum floors.
- Empty/clean wastebaskets and trash containers.
- Use ladders when required in work assignments.
- Remove outside debris and maintain grounds as assigned.
- Maintain the landscape around the buildings and fence lines.
- Clean all windows indoors.
- Clean and sanitize lunchrooms floors, furniture and counters.
- Other duties assigned by the Management.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Proven experience as janitor or in a similar role.
- Knowledge of use and maintenance of industrial cleaning equipment and appliances.
- Familiarity with handyman and basic landscaping practices.
- Attention to detail and conscientiousness.
- Respectful and able to take direction.
- Able to work with little supervision
- Has high standards of performance for self.
- Takes responsibility for actions, results, and mistakes.
- Is thorough, accurate, and reliable when performing and completing job tasks; demonstrates honesty and integrity in all aspects of work.
- Takes positive action to objectively resolve conflict by listening, staying focused on issue to find resolution, and monitoring progress.
- Maintains positive relationships by constructively resolving conflicts.
- Uses feedback from others to continuously improve performance and work relationships.
- Moves within own and/or other work areas (flexes) to support plant flow.
- Works with sense of urgency to meet needs of customers.
- Has necessary experience, skills, and knowledge to perform all aspects of job; rotates through all job responsibilities.
- Maintains knowledge and skills to perform job effectively.
- Has ability to focus on benefits of change and see it as positive; approaches change or newness in constructive/objective manner; views change as learning opportunity.
- Looks for good in others; works collaboratively with others; shares information and knowledge.
- Is at work when scheduled and ensures coverage when absent; takes timely breaks/lunches; uses time wisely.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Ability to routinely lift 50+ pounds unassisted.
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Ability to work in confined spaces.
- Ability to perform job functions that require regular walking, bending, lifting, stretching, twisting.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- One to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
What We Offer:
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, Health Savings Account with annual employer contributions, Flexible Spending Accounts, Company-Paid Short-Term Disability and Basic Life, Voluntary Life and LTD, Employer 401k Match, ESOP shares, tuition reimbursement, and paid time off.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.