Who We Are:
Challenge is a leading employee-owned tier 1 supplier of complex metal assemblies for the global automotive industry. Challenge fosters a culture of collaboration, diversity, and innovation. We believe the best ideas come from individual unique perspectives. These ideas combined with the teamwork of industry experts allow us to accomplish any challenge. Our team members take pride in the work we do every day and they are the true driving force in our operations.
Challenge is proud to be one of the largest employee-owned automotive companies in North America. One of the many benefits of joining the Challenge team is the ESOP program. This program allows Challenge to give shares of the Company to all employee-owners annually. These shares are an additional retirement benefit that will continue to grow during your time at Challenge. Being part of an ESOP means our employee-owners share in Challenge’s success!
Challenge is #PeoplePowered , #EmployeeOwned , and #QualityDriven !
Who We Want:
Challenge Manufacturing is looking for an energetic, organized, experienced Director of Quality to join and lead our growing team. The perfect candidate will lead an efficient quality team focused on execution of Quality Operating Systems within designated assigned manufacturing plants at Challenge. This person will be responsible for understanding all types of Quality systems, processes, procedures and implementing a strategic plan to deliver the highest quality levels. This leader must work closely with all internal and external partners to exceed customer satisfaction.
What You'll Do:
- Managing QOS activities, ensuring execution and achievement of corporate Quality goals
- Concentrating on system level execution of Challenge’s robust standards
- Developing and executing quality strategies to achieve specific targets
- Tracking and maintaining data analysis of key quality metrics and performance data
- Supporting Plant management in meeting or exceeding customer requirements
- Driving continuous improvements, problem solving activities and stretch Quality targets
- Collaborating with leaders of other functional areas on projects to improve quality performance metrics
- Engaging in Quality advance planning and execution and supporting launch activities to meet timing and quality standards
- Promoting quality performance improvement throughout the organization
- Performing other duties as necessary in support of business objectives
When and Where:
This will be a M-F position located at our Plant in Pontiac, MI with travel to other locations.
What You Need to Have:
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in engineering or equivalent in a technical discipline preferred (ME,EE,IE). MS in is a plus
- 15+ years of experience in quality assurance roles, including experience as a Plant Quality Manager in a manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of automotive industry quality management standards (VDA, AIAG-APQP, PPAP, SPC, MSA, IATF etc)
- Excellent knowledge in effective quality standards within the automotive industry
- Knowledge of implementing and maintaining Quality Management systems and its auditing/assessment internal and external dealing suppliers and customers
- Experience with presentation and moderation techniques
- Comprehensive knowledge of APQP/PPAP/IATF
- Excellent knowledge in use of statistic methods and Quality Core Tools (e.g. SPC, 8D, 5Why, Ishikawa, FMEA & CP etc.)
- Comprehensive knowledge of Root cause analysis and Problem-Solving Methods (e.g. Shainin; Red X; Six Sigma, etc.)
- Has high standards of performance for self
- Takes responsibility for actions, results, and mistakes
- Is thorough, accurate, and reliable when performing and completing job tasks; demonstrates honesty and integrity in all aspects of work
- Takes positive action to objectively resolve conflict by listening, staying focused on issue to find resolution, and monitoring progress
- Maintains positive relationships by constructively resolving conflicts
- Uses feedback from others to continuously improve performance and work relationships
- Moves within own and/or other work areas (flexes) to support plant flow
- Works with sense of urgency to meet needs of customers
- Has necessary experience, skills, and knowledge to perform all aspects of job; rotates through all job responsibilities.
- Maintains knowledge and skills to perform job effectively
- Has ability to focus on benefits of change and see it as positive; approaches change or newness in constructive/objective manner; views change as learning opportunity
- Looks for good in others; works collaboratively with others; shares information and knowledge
- Is at work when scheduled and ensures coverage when absent; takes timely breaks/lunches; uses time wisely
- Will involve work in both manufacturing and office areas
- 25-30% overnight travel will be required as needed
What We Offer:
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, Health Savings Account with annual employer contributions, Flexible Spending Accounts, Company-Paid Short-Term Disability and Basic Life, Voluntary Life and LTD, Employer 401k Match, ESOP shares, tuition reimbursement, and paid time off.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.