Location : 1401 S. Washington, Holland, MI 49423
Who We Are:
Challenge is a leading employee-owned tier 1 supplier of complex metal assemblies for the global automotive industry. Challenge fosters a culture of collaboration, diversity, and innovation. We believe the best ideas come from individual unique perspectives. These ideas combined with the teamwork of industry experts allow us to accomplish any challenge. Our team members take pride in the work we do every day and they are the true driving force in our operations.
Challenge is proud to be one of the largest employee-owned automotive companies in North America. One of the many benefits of joining the Challenge team is the ESOP program. This program allows Challenge to give shares of the Company to all employee-owners annually. These shares are an additional retirement benefit that will continue to grow during your time at Challenge. Being part of an ESOP means our employee-owners share in Challenge’s success!
Challenge is #PeoplePowered , #EmployeeOwned , and #QualityDriven !
Who We Want:
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to lead manufacturing engineers are our largest plant. The ideal candidate will easily be able to direct and coordinate activities of the plant engineering group to obtain optimum efficiency and economy of operations. The perfect person will be able to maximize profits by performing the assigned duties personally or through delegation to team members. This position will manage a team of engineers and report into the Plant Manager.
What You’ll Do:
- Plans, develops and implements Manufacturing Engineering department policies and goals.
- Plans Manufacturing Engineering department schedules and prioritizes Manufacturing Engineering activities needed to launch new programs, implement engineering changes, reduce downtime, improve production efficiency, improve manufacturing methods, improve product quality, maximize work force utilization, and improve facility layout.
- Supervises and directs activities of Manufacturing Engineers and Controls Engineers.
- Develops detailed plans for all aspects of new product launch related to Engineering and coordinates planning activity with other departments.
- Assists with developing program equipment specifications, PFMEA development, customer documentation, and establishing standard work processes.
- Analyzes production and maintenance reports to resolve operational, manufacturing, quality, and maintenance issues in order to reduce costs and prevent operational delays, or assists Manufacturing Engineers with interpreting data and resolving problems.
- Analyzes division or department budget requests to identify areas in which reductions can be made, and allocates operating budget. Approves department requisitions following company policies and procedures.
- Obtains quotes from vendors/suppliers, reviews quotes, and makes recommendations on vendor selection.
- Confers with administrative personnel and reviews activity, operating, and sales reports to determine changes in programs or operations required.
- Directs preparation of directives to division or department administrator outlining policy, program, or operations changes to be implemented.
When and Where:
This will be a 7-5 M-F position located at our Plant in Holland, MI.
What You Need to Have:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree; or related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- BSME with 5 years of engineering management experience preferred
- Has high standards of performance for self.
- Takes responsibility for actions, results, and mistakes.
- Is thorough, accurate, and reliable when performing and completing job tasks; demonstrates honesty and integrity in all aspects of work.
- Takes positive action to objectively resolve conflict by listening, staying focused on issue to find resolution, and monitoring progress.
- Maintains positive relationships by constructively resolving conflicts.
- Uses feedback from others to continuously improve performance and work relationships.
- Moves within own and/or other work areas (flexes) to support plant flow.
- Works with sense of urgency to meet needs of customers.
- Has necessary experience, skills, and knowledge to perform all aspects of job; rotates through all job responsibilities.
- Maintains knowledge and skills to perform job effectively.
- Has ability to focus on benefits of change and see it as positive; approaches change or newness in constructive/objective manner; views change as learning opportunity.
- Looks for good in others; works collaboratively with others; shares information and knowledge.
- Is at work when scheduled and ensures coverage when absent; takes timely breaks/lunches; uses time wisely.
- Ability to read, interpret, and explain complex documents including but not limited to work instructions, blueprints, statistical data, CAD data, and CMM data.
- Ability to utilize statistical tools and interpret complex sets of data including multiple variables.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out complex written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving multiple variables in complex situations.
- Understands the “big picture” impact of decisions – how the key drivers of the business impact the company’s financial statements.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Comfortable communicating in difficult situations in both individual and group settings. Consultation.
- Use an objective and balanced approached toward analysis and decision making
- Possess strategic awareness and the ability to lead a team to meet strategic goals.
- Technical Ability:
- PLC programming, Project development, troubleshooting with SLC 500, ControlLogix, GuardLogix (Safety) processors using RSLogix 500, RSLogix 5000, Studio 5000 software.
- ABB IRC5 Robot programming with Robot Studio, Electrical troubleshooting of IRC5 Electrical Cabinet, Analyzing spot welding process with Test Signal Viewer,Tune master software, Configuring electronic position switches, Robot networking, Teach Pendant troubleshooting, repair.
- Programing and troubleshooting of HMI PanelView touchscreen applications using FactoryTalkView Studio software.
- Program weld schedules for different spot, projection and mig welding applications with RAFT Gateway software, troubleshooting WT6000 MFDC welding controllers.
What We Offer:
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, Health Savings Account with annual employer contributions, Flexible Spending Accounts, Company-Paid Short-Term Disability and Basic Life, Voluntary Life and LTD, Employer 401k Match, ESOP shares, tuition reimbursement, and paid time off.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.