Who We Are:
Challenge is a leading employee-owned tier 1 supplier of complex metal assemblies for the global automotive industry. Challenge fosters a culture of collaboration, diversity, and innovation. We believe the best ideas come from individual unique perspectives. These ideas combined with the teamwork of industry experts allow us to accomplish any challenge. Our team members take pride in the work we do every day and they are the true driving force in our operations.
Challenge is proud to be one of the largest employee-owned automotive companies in North America. One of the many benefits of joining the Challenge team is the ESOP program. This program allows Challenge to give shares of the Company to all employee-owners annually. These shares are an additional retirement benefit that will continue to grow during your time at Challenge. Being part of an ESOP means our employee-owners share in Challenge’s success!
Challenge is #PeoplePowered , #EmployeeOwned , and #QualityDriven !
Who We Want:
Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in verifying and keeping records on incoming and outgoing shipments.
What You'll Do:
- Understand and explain company’s quality policy
- Understand and explain all relevant quality policies, procedures, and work instructions.
- Participate in preventative actions where appropriate. Conduct corrective actions and preform problem solving analysis and reporting as required.
- Participate in needs analysis and attend and preform the requirements of scheduled training and educational programs.
- Conduct physical inventories of all product and operations as required.
- Works with customers on returnable containers maintenance.
- Prepares composite reports from individual reports of subordinates.
When and Where:
This will be a third shift position 10pm - 6am M-F position located at our Plant in Walker, MI.
What You Need to Have:
- Minimum 10 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree from a 4-year college or university or HS Diploma/GED with 3-5 years of materials experience preferred
- Has high standards of performance for self
- Takes responsibility for actions, results, and mistakes
- Is thorough, accurate, and reliable when performing and completing job tasks; demonstrates honesty and integrity in all aspects of work
- Takes positive action to objectively resolve conflict by listening, staying focused on issue to find resolution, and monitoring progress
- Maintains positive relationships by constructively resolving conflicts
- Uses feedback from others to continuously improve performance and work relationships
- Moves within own and/or other work areas (flexes) to support plant flow
- Works with sense of urgency to meet needs of customers
- Has necessary experience, skills, and knowledge to perform all aspects of job; rotates through all job responsibilities.
- Maintains knowledge and skills to perform job effectively
- Has ability to focus on benefits of change and see it as positive; approaches change or newness in constructive/objective manner; views change as learning opportunity
- Looks for good in others; works collaboratively with others; shares information and knowledge
- Is at work when scheduled and ensures coverage when absent; takes timely breaks/lunches; uses time wisely
- Precision measurement skills using measure devises such as micrometers
- Intermediate computer skills – Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Intermediate mathematic and blueprint reading skills
- Team building skills
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills
What We Offer:
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, Health Savings Account with annual employer contributions, Flexible Spending Accounts, Company-Paid Short-Term Disability and Basic Life, Voluntary Life and LTD, Employer 401k Match, ESOP shares, tuition reimbursement, and paid time off.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.