Who We Are:
Challenge is a leading employee-owned tier 1 supplier of complex metal assemblies for the global automotive industry. Challenge fosters a culture of collaboration, diversity, and innovation. We believe the best ideas come from individual unique perspectives. These ideas combined with the teamwork of industry experts allow us to accomplish any challenge. Our team members take pride in the work we do every day and they are the true driving force in our operations.
Challenge is proud to be one of the largest employee-owned automotive companies in North America. One of the many benefits of joining the Challenge team is the ESOP program. This program allows Challenge to give shares of the Company to all employee-owners annually. These shares are an additional retirement benefit that will continue to grow during your time at Challenge. Being part of an ESOP means our employee-owners share in Challenge’s success!
Challenge is #PeoplePowered , #EmployeeOwned , and #QualityDriven !
Who We Want:
Responsible for the development of robot software & hardware standardization. Responsible for communicating these standards to machine builders and to Challenge Manufacturing production facilities. Assist with implementation of the standards, and audit adherence to them.
When and Where:
This is a 1st Shift/6:00AM-4PM M-F position located at our Plant in Pontiac, MI.
What You'll Do:
- Performs all duties necessary to ensure that robotic performance meets the needs of internal and external customers.
- Ensure that CMC robotic performance standards are documented and communicated to production plants and machine builders / suppliers.
- Conducts audits to ensure that practices are standardized from location to location (including integrators)
- Update/develop code for all common applications used within Challenge
- Integration with process controllers
- Graphical interfaces
- Bitmap structure
- Safemove/DCS programming
- Firmware/Baseware management
- Path programming/optimization
- Define specifications for new robots:
- Robot type
- Controller details
- Dress pack details
What You Need to Have:
- Associates degree in Robotics/electronics engineering technology or related field.
- 2 years’ experience with ABB and Fanuc robot programming
- Developing code in both an offline environment, and via the teach pendant
- Equivalent combination of education/experience can be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in Robotics/electronics engineering technology or related field preferred
- 5+ years’ experience with ABB and Fanuc programming preferred
- Familiarity with automotive welding applications preferred
- In addition to ABB & Fanuc; Competency with other robot manufacturers:
- Is thorough, accurate, and reliable when performing and completing job tasks; demonstrates honesty and integrity in all aspects of work.
- Takes positive action to objectively resolve conflict by listening, staying focused on issue to find resolution, and monitoring progress.
- Works with sense of urgency to meet needs of customers.
- Has necessary experience, skills, and knowledge to perform all aspects of job; rotates through all job responsibilities.
- Maintains knowledge and skills to perform job effectively.
- Has ability to focus on benefits of change and see it as positive; approaches change or newness in constructive/objective manner; views change as learning opportunity.
- Looks for good in others; works collaboratively with others; shares information and knowledge.
- Is at work when scheduled and ensures coverage when absent; takes timely breaks/lunches; uses time wisely.
- Creative Thinking: Effective problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Attention to Detail: Able to manage project details to ensure perfect quality in work output.
- Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Teamwork Skills: Able to work collaboratively with different team members and different levels of the organization (internal and external)
- Computer Modeling: Able to utilize computer aided modeling to ensure that workout meets the needs of the customer (internal and external)
What We Offer:
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, Health Savings Account with annual employer contributions, Flexible Spending Accounts, Company-Paid Short-Term Disability and Basic Life, Voluntary Life and LTD, Employer 401k Match, ESOP shares, tuition reimbursement, and paid time off.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.