Who We Are:
Challenge is a leading employee-owned tier 1 supplier of complex metal assemblies for the global automotive industry. Challenge fosters a culture of collaboration, diversity, and innovation. We believe the best ideas come from individual unique perspectives. These ideas combined with the teamwork of industry experts allow us to accomplish any challenge. Our team members take pride in the work we do every day and they are the true driving force in our operations.
Challenge is proud to be one of the largest employee-owned automotive companies in North America. One of the many benefits of joining the Challenge team is the ESOP program. This program allows Challenge to give shares of the Company to all employee-owners annually. These shares are an additional retirement benefit that will continue to grow during your time at Challenge. Being part of an ESOP means our employee-owners share in Challenge’s success!
Challenge is #PeoplePowered , #EmployeeOwned , and #QualityDriven !
Who We Want:
The Supplier Quality Engineer is responsible for executing and expanding on key initiatives inside of the quality organization as well as achieve a high state of supplier quality performance within our organizations. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated problem-solving skills, excellent communication skills, and the ability to be flexible in high pressure situations. The role has a primary focus of monitoring suppliers to ensure they consistently deliver products and services that meet all specified requirements.
What You'll Do:
- Root cause investigation, identification, and the implementation and validation of permanent corrective actions
- Proficiency in communicating performance metrics and expectations for continuous improvement to suppliers
- Advanced knowledge and practical experience with Advanced Quality Planning tools, such as FMEA, Control Plan, Process Mapping, Gage Studies, and SPC
- Competence in Six Sigma, Value Stream Mapping, and Lean Manufacturing principles
- The ability to lead cross-functional project teams, ensuring project timelines and objectives are met while adhering to process requirements
- Lead cross-functional teams in executing the Advance Supplier Readiness process, supporting initiatives related to capacity increases, cost reduction, supplier-requested changes, and new product/process qualifications
- Independently drive suppliers to identify the true root causes of non-conformances using analytical tools and processes, ensuring the implementation and sustainability of permanent corrective actions
- Identify and develop inspection methods for monitoring critical characteristics of incoming parts, including inspection plans, and communication of results to both internal teams and suppliers
- Facilitate and lead training sessions in quality tools, including FMEA, SPC, DMAIC, MSA, and statistics
- Support the development and enhancement of business management methodologies and training materials related to design processes and improvement initiatives
- Support manufacturing location on supplier related performance issues (conduct 8D verification, review CS1/CS2 containment process implementation at supplier)
- Join suppliers’ audits for new potential suppliers to be added in the supply base
- Independently develop acceptance sampling within incoming supplier lots (ASQ/Z1.4)
- Review supplier metric data and generate reports as needed to drive zero defect mentality within the supply base
- Drive preventative measures to minimize incoming defects through incoming inspection of all supplier material
When and Where:
This will be a 7AM-5PM M-F position located at our Plant in Kansas City, MO.
What You Need to Have:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Hands-on experience establishing, auditing, leading, and maintaining an IATF quality system.
- Experience working as a QE, or SQE in a manufacturing environment utilizing an IATF quality system.
- Ability to read and interpret GD&T and engineering drawings.
- Experience in DFMEA, PFMEA, process control plans and technical process documentation.
- Trained in and have knowledge of root cause analysis, six sigma, CA processes. Experience working directly with suppliers.
- ASQ certification preferred. Strong computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Word).
- Six Sigma experience preferred.
- 5+ Years of related experience and/or training
- ability to travel up to 25%
What We Offer:
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, Health Savings Account with annual employer contributions, Flexible Spending Accounts, Company-Paid Short-Term Disability and Basic Life, Voluntary Life and LTD, Employer 401k Match, ESOP shares, tuition reimbursement, and paid time off.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.