Location : 1401 S. Washington, Holland, MI 49423
Who We Are:
Challenge is a leading employee-owned tier 1 supplier of complex metal assemblies for the global automotive industry. Challenge fosters a culture of collaboration, diversity, and innovation. We believe the best ideas come from individual unique perspectives. These ideas combined with the teamwork of industry experts allow us to accomplish any challenge. Our team members take pride in the work we do every day and they are the true driving force in our operations.
Challenge is proud to be one of the largest employee-owned automotive companies in North America. One of the many benefits of joining the Challenge team is the ESOP program. This program allows Challenge to give shares of the Company to all employee-owners annually. These shares are an additional retirement benefit that will continue to grow during your time at Challenge. Being part of an ESOP means our employee-owners share in Challenge’s success!
Challenge is #PeoplePowered , #EmployeeOwned , and #QualityDriven !
Who We Want:
The Process Quality Engineer is responsible for owning the Quality and the capability of the manufacturing processes within the Assembly department.
What You'll Do:
- Performing root cause analysis of quality issues, often using advanced problem-solving tools (Kepner-Tregoe, Shainin Red X, Design of Experiments, etc.) recommending and implement cost-effective permanent corrective actions.
- Analyze quality data from internal and external indicators, manage engineering changes working with a cross-functional team to ensure timely execution.
- Conduct product evaluation tests to ensure robustness of product or process change before full implementation and will be the point of contact for engineering quality and all product-related incidents.
- Ensuring delivery of third-party quality metrics, provide creative thinking to the analysis of data and the identification of new opportunities.
- Must have a proven track record of developing and executing standardization and experience with having cross-functional responsibilities in a lean organization.
- Plan, prioritize, set goals and manage multiple projects in a technical and business environment.
- Must have strong communication skills to support meetings at all levels of the company, including senior leadership.
- Establish partnerships both internally and externally should be able to influence without direct authority.
- Demonstrate unwavering commitment to delivering results and champion achievements and exhibit a willingness to do things differently and consistently translate ideas into actions that deliver results.
- Collaborate with teams and operations to identify and communicate gaps in current policies, procedures, and processes
- Challenge existing processes to increase efficiency and decrease cost
- Become an expert on processes and projects with low to moderate levels of complexity
- Provide timely acknowledgement responses to customer complaints.
- Provide formal documentation SCAR, responses to the customer.
- Be a presence at the assembly plants to provide face-to-face interaction and ensure customer satisfaction while developing relationships.
- Understand how each part is utilized in the vehicle build and become the “expert” regarding what the customer expects from us as the supplier of this part.
- Provide the plant management with the “voice of the customer” and explain what key part attributes are important to manage on each part and why.
- Provide plant with priorities for part improvement to ensure the most important attributes are addressed first, and stress continuous improvement.
- Participate in the layered process audits.
- Implement new methods of inspection and control when required. (i.e.: enhanced containment techniques and documentation, SPC data, scheduled CMM runs or Roamer scans, etc.)
When and Where:
This will be a 7AM- 5PM M-F position located at out Plant in Holland, MI.
What You Need to Have:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering – Mechanical from an ABET accredited university
- 5+ Years of related experience and/or training
- Six Sigma experience preferred
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to deal with a variety of people at all levels of the organization
- Ability to collect and synthesize data into meaningful information and communicate clearly to all levels of the organization
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Hands-on experience establishing, auditing, leading, and maintaining an IATF quality system
- Experience working as a QE, or SQE in a manufacturing environment utilizing an IATF quality system
- Ability to read and interpret GD&T and engineering drawings
- Experience in DFMEA, PFMEA, process control plans and technical process documentation
- Trained in and have knowledge of root cause analysis, six sigma, CA processes. Experience working directly with suppliers
- ASQ certification preferred. Strong computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Word)
What We Offer:
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, Health Savings Account with annual employer contributions, Flexible Spending Accounts, Company-Paid Short-Term Disability and Basic Life, Voluntary Life and LTD, Employer 401k Match, ESOP shares, tuition reimbursement, and paid time off.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.