Who We Are:
Challenge is a leading employee-owned tier 1 supplier of complex metal assemblies for the global automotive industry. Challenge fosters a culture of collaboration, diversity, and innovation. We believe the best ideas come from individual unique perspectives. These ideas combined with the teamwork of industry experts allow us to accomplish any challenge. Our team members take pride in the work we do every day and they are the true driving force in our operations.
Challenge is proud to be one of the largest employee-owned automotive companies in North America. One of the many benefits of joining the Challenge team is the ESOP program. This program allows Challenge to give shares of the Company to all employee-owners annually. These shares are an additional retirement benefit that will continue to grow during your time at Challenge. Being part of an ESOP means our employee-owners share in Challenge’s success!
Challenge is #PeoplePowered , #EmployeeOwned , and #QualityDriven !
Who We Want:
The purpose of the role of Maintenance Manager is to lead maintenance employees of multiple disciplines, assign daily tasks, enforce company policies, and assist with maintenance tasks as needed. They will also develop processes to maximize stewardship, safety, quality and productivity.
When and Where:
This will be a 1st Shift/6:30AM-4:30PM M-F position located at our Plant in Walker, MI.
What You'll Do:
- Ensure personnel follow established safety procedures and implement improvement projects. Maximize reliability, efficiency, and safety of equipment.
- Manage press, weld, crib maintenance supervisors and personnel. Oversee day-to-day operations and tasks to ensure smooth performance of overall operations.
- Ensure manpower is sufficient and properly trained to work in an effective and efficient manner.
- Maintain effective predictive and preventative maintenance programs by use of established metrics, planning, PM program, predictive technologies, and a .
- Ensure corporate standards are upheld and maintained.
- Install and/or modify manufacturing equipment to meet production requirements.
- Work with outside contractors when scope of repair is beyond in-house capabilities.
- Respond to production emergencies and down equipment. Oversee maintenance and repair of production and facilities equipment.
- Manage projects to provide prompt response to requests and issues from multiple departments.
- Implement best practice processes to increase productivity, quality, and output.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities and recommend process improvements.
- Effectively communicate with corporate and plant teams to ensure effective outcomes.
- Ensure all communication is clear, concise, timely, and thorough.
- Ensure department participates and works effectively to meet corporate and plant cost metrics.
What You Need to Have:
- Demonstrates expertise and proficiency with basic office computer software, and ability to learn how to effectively use maintenance software to input data and research parts.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to perform and succeed in an environment of schedule and cost pressure while navigating competing priorities and requirements.
- Thorough technical knowledge in the field of industrial maintenance, including relevant regulations, standards and codes. Ability to read and understand complex diagrams.
- Organized, good multi craft background, able to motivate people, work in a team environment, relate well with people at all levels, cost conscious, good estimator, ambition to continuously improve self and work, self-motivated, reliable.
- Competent with computer software such as, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, MS Project).
- Knowledge of MRP/ERP systems (Plex is a strong plus).
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Technical Discipline strongly preferred
- Three to five years’ work experience in a maintenance leadership role required covering multiple shifts.
- Experience with predictive and preventative maintenance programs required
- Willingness and ability to obtain appropriate (hilo, crane, lift, etc.) operating licenses
- Automotive industry experience preferred
- Computer literacy required, including MS Office (Excel) and ERP/MRP system (Plex is a plus) experience
- Strong team building, decision-making, organization, multi-tasking, and people management skills
What We Offer:
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, Health Savings Account with annual employer contributions, Flexible Spending Accounts, Company-Paid Short-Term Disability and Basic Life, Voluntary Life and LTD, Employer 401k Match, ESOP shares, tuition reimbursement, and paid time off.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.