Location : 1401 S. Washington, Holland, MI 49423
Who We Are:
Challenge is a leading employee-owned tier 1 supplier of complex metal assemblies for the global automotive industry. Challenge fosters a culture of collaboration, diversity, and innovation. We believe the best ideas come from individual unique perspectives. These ideas combined with the teamwork of industry experts allow us to accomplish any challenge. Our team members take pride in the work we do every day and they are the true driving force in our operations.
Challenge is proud to be one of the largest employee-owned automotive companies in North America. One of the many benefits of joining the Challenge team is the ESOP program. This program allows Challenge to give shares of the Company to all employee-owners annually. These shares are an additional retirement benefit that will continue to grow during your time at Challenge. Being part of an ESOP means our employee-owners share in Challenge’s success!
Challenge is #PeoplePowered , #EmployeeOwned , and #QualityDriven !
Who We Want:
Receives, stores, and issues hand tools, machine tools, materials, and other equipment. Keeps an inventory of tools, inspects tools and equipment for wear or defects, and orders new equipment/materials when needed. Maintains records of tool/equipment use. Manages lock-out tag-out locks. Maintains security of tool crib.
What You’ll Do:
- Understands and can explain the company's Quality Policy.
- Understands job description and required tasks. Be able to explain how this position impacts customer satisfaction and contributes to fulfilling the Quality Policy.
- Understands the overview of the Quality Management System and document architecture.
- Understands and explain all relevant quality policies, procedures and work instructions associated with this job description.
- Understands and is able to identify Quality Management System and implementation nonconformance’s and document and/or log all non-conformity
- Participates in preventative actions where appropriate. Conducts corrective actions and perform problem solving analysis and reporting as required.
- Conducts housekeeping for personal work area and shared facility space to keep area clean and organized. Replaces bins/labels as needed. Reduce inventory bin size to gain shelf space.
- Observes and complies with all safety & environmental, regulatory, and statutory requirements associated with this job description.
- Participates in needs analysis and attends and performs the requirements of scheduled training and educational programs identified for this position.
- Participate as requested for independent objective auditing activity and support company continuous improvement activities.
- Receives, unpacks, and stores incoming tools, equipment, and materials. Matches incoming parts per pack slips and stores items in proper location on the day of arrival. Rotates stock by placing new items behind old items. Notifies Supervisor of out-of-stock items.
- Monitors transaction window and assists team members in a timely and respectful manner. Restricts team member entry to crib unless authorized and escorted.
- Issues tools, materials, and equipment to team members using scanner, PC, or clipboard (temporary sign-out only). Ensures items are labeled to meet hazardous material standards. Complete Company Property Issue form when required.
- Maintains records of tools/equipment issued and returned.
- Cycle Count daily/weekly per Supervisor schedule and record differences in Plex. Check empty boxes/bins/shelves and confirm with Plex inventory quantity. Locate lost or misplaced tools/equipment.
- Maintains perpetual inventory of materials, tools, and equipment, searches inventory at other facilities if not in stock, report requests of non-stock items to Supervisor.
- Repackage items for disbursement and/or assemble kits/tools. Ship requested parts to other facilities by completing shipper and delivering items to the Shipping Dept. Refill PPE stations.
- Inspects tools and equipment for defects and wear, reports damage/wear to Supervisor.
- May deliver tools/equipment using hand truck or powered industrial truck.
- Mark and identify tools and equipment using identification tag, stamp, or electric marking tool.
- Responds to email messages and communicates open issues to next shift.
When and Where:
This will be a A Shift / 6:00am-6:00pm, Monday-Thursday & C Shift / 6:00am-6:00pm, Friday-Sunday this position is located at our Challenge Manufacturing Black River Plant in Holland, MI.
What You Need to Have:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Must be able to obtain a Powered Industrial Truck license.
- Related experience or training preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Has high standards of performance for self.
- Takes responsibility for actions, results, and mistakes.
- Is thorough, accurate, and reliable when performing and completing job tasks; demonstrates honesty and integrity in all aspects of work.
- Takes positive action to objectively resolve conflict by listening, staying focused on issue to find resolution, and monitoring progress.
- Maintains positive relationships by constructively resolving conflicts.
- Uses feedback from others to continuously improve performance and work relationships.
- Moves within own and/or other work areas (flexes) to support plant flow.
- Works with sense of urgency to meet needs of customers.
- Has necessary experience, skills, and knowledge to perform all aspects of job; rotates through all job responsibilities.
- Maintains knowledge and skills to perform job effectively.
- Has ability to focus on benefits of change and see it as positive; approaches change or newness in constructive/objective manner; views change as learning opportunity.
- Looks for good in others; works collaboratively with others; shares information and knowledge.
- Is at work when scheduled and ensures coverage when absent; takes timely breaks/lunches; uses time wisely.
- Basic math skills
- Basic Microsoft Excel & Word
- Prior experience with RF scan guns
- Online data base systems knowledge
- Mechanical background helpful
What We Offer:
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, Health Savings Account with annual employer contributions, Flexible Spending Accounts, Company-Paid Short-Term Disability and Basic Life, Voluntary Life and LTD, Employer 401k Match, ESOP shares, tuition reimbursement, and paid time off.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.