Location : 1401 S. Washington, Holland, MI 49423
Who We Are:
Challenge is a leading employee-owned tier 1 supplier of complex metal assemblies for the global automotive industry. Challenge fosters a culture of collaboration, diversity, and innovation. We believe the best ideas come from individual unique perspectives. These ideas combined with the teamwork of industry experts allow us to accomplish any challenge. Our team members take pride in the work we do every day and they are the true driving force in our operations.
Challenge is proud to be one of the largest employee-owned automotive companies in North America. One of the many benefits of joining the Challenge team is the ESOP program. This program allows Challenge to give shares of the Company to all employee-owners annually. These shares are an additional retirement benefit that will continue to grow during your time at Challenge. Being part of an ESOP means our employee-owners share in Challenge’s success!
Challenge is #EmployeeOwned and #QualityDriven ! We are #OneChallenge !
Who We Want:
Sets up and changes dies on small and large (200 Ton to 2500 Ton) Progressive, Secondary and Transfer presses according to prescribed Job Element Sheets (JES) and die set up sheets to ensure quality parts are produced per Challenge Manufacturing Quality Standards, production schedules and engineering specifications
What You’ll Do:
- Understands and can explain the company’s Quality Policy
- Understands job description and required tasks. Able to explain how this position impacts customer satisfaction and contributes to fulfilling the Quality Policy
- Understands the overview of Quality Management System and document architecture
- Understands and explain all relevant quality policy, procedures, and work instructions associated with this job description
- Understands and is able to identify Quality Management System and implementation; Document and/or log all non-conformity
- Participates in preventative actions where appropriate. Conducts corrective actions and perform problem solving analysis and reporting as required
- Conducts housekeeping for personal work area and shared facility space
- Observes and complies with all safety, environmental, regulatory, and statutory requirements associated with this job description
- Participates in needs analysis and attends and performs the requirements of scheduled training and educational programs identified for this position
- Participates, as requested, in independent objective auditing activities and supports company continuous improvement activities
- Stops work on processes as appropriate and contains suspect or defective material or services to avoid further processing.
- Positions, and safely clamps Dies/tools, feed guides, and Guarding.
- Threads metal strip from coils through pinch rollers, and/or loads Dies/tools with metal blanks
- Installs part ejection, and air blasts/external oilers.
- Installs any and all die protection devices
When and Where:
This will be a A Shift / 6:00am-6:00pm M-TH; B Shift / 6:00pm-6:00am M-TH; C Shift / 6:00am-6:00pm F-S; D Shift / 6:00pm-6:00am F-S position located at our Black River Plant Office in Holland, MI.
What You Need to Have:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED
- One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Metal Stamping experience preferred
- Die setting in stamping preferred
- Lock out tag out experience preferred
- Press operating experience preferred
- Has high standards of performance for self.
- Takes responsibility for actions, results, and mistakes.
- Is thorough, accurate, and reliable when performing and completing job tasks; demonstrates honesty and integrity in all aspects of work.
- Takes positive action to objectively resolve conflict by listening, staying focused on issue to find resolution, and monitoring progress.
- Maintains positive relationships by constructively resolving conflicts.
- Uses feedback from others to continuously improve performance and work relationships.
- Moves within own and/or other work areas (flexes) to support plant flow.
- Works with sense of urgency to meet needs of customers.
- Has necessary experience, skills, and knowledge to perform all aspects of job; rotates through all job responsibilities.
- Maintains knowledge and skills to perform job effectively.
- Has ability to focus on benefits of change and see it as positive; approaches change or newness in constructive/objective manner; views change as learning opportunity.
- Looks for good in others; works collaboratively with others; shares information and knowledge.
- Is at work when scheduled and ensures coverage when absent; takes timely breaks/lunches; uses time wisely.
- Must be able to understand and follow written and verbal workplace instructions
- Must be able to work up to 12 hours per day including Saturday and Sundays
- Ability to use basic Measurement skills
- Ability to use basic mathematics skills
- Knowledge of controls systems for programming purposes.
- Ability to operate Hilo/ Die Truck
What We Offer:
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, Health Savings Account with annual employer contributions, Flexible Spending Accounts, Company-Paid Short-Term Disability and Basic Life, Voluntary Life and LTD, Employer 401k Match, ESOP shares, tuition reimbursement, and paid time off.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.