Who We Are:
Challenge is a leading employee-owned tier 1 supplier of complex metal assemblies for the global automotive industry. Challenge fosters a culture of collaboration, diversity, and innovation. We believe the best ideas come from individual unique perspectives. These ideas combined with the teamwork of industry experts allow us to accomplish any challenge. Our team members take pride in the work we do every day and they are the true driving force in our operations.
Challenge is proud to be one of the largest employee-owned automotive companies in North America. One of the many benefits of joining the Challenge team is the ESOP program. This program allows Challenge to give shares of the Company to all employee-owners annually. These shares are an additional retirement benefit that will continue to grow during your time at Challenge. Being part of an ESOP means our employee-owners share in Challenge’s success!
Challenge is #EmployeeOwned and #QualityDriven ! We are #OneChallenge !
Who We Want:
The primary responsibility of a Quality Auditor is to plan, conduct, and report on product, process, and second-party audits.
What You'll Do:
- Effective time management.
- Perform document review in preparation for and during audits
- Prepare and communicate audit agenda.
- Lead and execute internal audits.
- Collect and verify objective evidence
- Determine audit findings (i.e. separate findings or combined findings into one finding)
- Record conformities and non-conformities
- Effectively conduct audit closing meeting to report and communicate audit findings and non-conformities to plant management.
- Prepare audit reports
- Generate audit findings
- Distribute final reports to the auditee(s) and upper management.
- Mentor and coach personnel in quality system requirements as required.
- Support manufacturing location prior to external audits as needed.
When and Where:
This will be a 8AM-5PM M-F position located at our Plant in Kansas City, MO.
What You Need to Have:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of three years Quality Experience involved with the maintenance of Quality Management systems and internal or external auditing.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Previous experience in the automotive industry preferred.
- IATF 16949 Lead Auditor Training preferred
- Core Tools knowledge preferred
- Understanding of risk-based thinking
- Understanding of how to plan, conduct, report, and close out audit findings.
- Has high standards of performance for self.
- Takes responsibility for actions, results, and mistakes.
- Is thorough, accurate, and reliable when performing and completing job tasks; demonstrates honesty and integrity in all aspects of work.
- Takes positive action to objectively resolve conflict by listening, staying focused on issue to find resolution, and monitoring progress.
- Maintains positive relationships by constructively resolving conflicts.
- Uses feedback from others to continuously improve performance and work relationships.
- Moves within own and/or other work areas (flexes) to support plant flow.
- Works with sense of urgency to meet needs of customers.
- Has necessary experience, skills, and knowledge to perform all aspects of job; rotates through all job responsibilities.
- Maintains knowledge and skills to perform job effectively.
- Has ability to focus on benefits of change and see it as positive; approaches change or newness in constructive/objective manner; views change as learning opportunity.
- Looks for good in others; works collaboratively with others; shares information and knowledge.
- Is at work when scheduled and ensures coverage when absent; takes timely breaks/lunches; uses time wisely.
What We Offer:
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, Health Savings Account with annual employer contributions, Flexible Spending Accounts, Company-Paid Short-Term Disability and Basic Life, Voluntary Life and LTD, Employer 401k Match, ESOP shares, tuition reimbursement, and paid time off.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.