Who We Are:
Challenge is a leading employee-owned tier 1 supplier of complex metal assemblies for the global automotive industry. Challenge fosters a culture of collaboration, diversity, and innovation. We believe the best ideas come from individual unique perspectives. These ideas combined with the teamwork of industry experts allow us to accomplish any challenge. Our team members take pride in the work we do every day and they are the true driving force in our operations.
Challenge is proud to be one of the largest employee-owned automotive companies in North America. One of the many benefits of joining the Challenge team is the ESOP program. This program allows Challenge to give shares of the Company to all employee-owners annually. These shares are an additional retirement benefit that will continue to grow during your time at Challenge. Being part of an ESOP means our employee-owners share in Challenge’s success!
Challenge is #EmployeeOwned and #QualityDriven ! We are #OneChallenge !
Who We Want:
The Corporate Program Implementation Specialist is directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination, and evaluation of Challenge’s Apprenticeship programs throughout the organization. Oversees third party partnerships for both Department of Labor registered and non-registered organizational development programs. Leads all Training and Development grant/funding processes for every facility. Acts as project manager for the Corporate Training and Develop Team.
What You'll Do:
- Plans, organizes, and controls all activities of Challenge’s registered and non-registered apprenticeship programs
- Manages partnerships with existing and new third-party vendors that provide learning content/team member development initiatives
- Develops, recommends, and implements apprenticeship personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains metrics/necessary data for apprenticeship tracking
- Acts as project manager for the corporate Training and Development team
- Evaluates reports, decisions, and results of department initiatives in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state, and local grant/funding requirements
- Utilize Learning Management System to streamline programs and processes
- Assists Learning and Development Team with incidental projects as necessary
When and Where:
This will be a 830AM-5PM M-F position located at our Corporate Office in Walker, MI.
What You Need to Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Organizational Development, Leadership Development, or related field
- 5 years of Training and Development experience
- 3 years of Project management experience
- PMP certification preferred
- Experience working with State and Federal government agencies regarding grant/funding opportunities
- Understands the “big picture” impact of decisions – how the key drivers of the business impact the company’s financial statements
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Comfortable communicating in difficult situations in both individual and group settings. Consultation
- Use an objective and balanced approached toward analysis and decision making
- Experience with creating, implementing, managing, and evaluation Department of Labor, and state/school sponsored apprenticeship programs
- Possess strategic awareness and the ability to lead a team to meet strategic goals
- Able to inspire, influence and develop other people
- Demonstrates the highest levels of ethics and credibility
- Has high standards of performance for self
- Takes responsibility for actions, results, and mistakes
- Is thorough, accurate, and reliable when performing and completing job tasks; demonstrates honesty and integrity in all aspects of work
- Takes positive action to objectively resolve conflict by listening, staying focused on issue to find resolution, and monitoring progress
- Maintains positive relationships by constructively resolving conflicts
- Uses feedback from others to continuously improve performance and work relationships
What We Offer:
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, Health Savings Account with annual employer contributions, Flexible Spending Accounts, Company-Paid Short-Term Disability and Basic Life, Voluntary Life and LTD, Employer 401k Match, ESOP shares, tuition reimbursement, and paid time off.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.