Location : 1401 S. Washington, Holland, MI 49423
Who We Are:
Challenge Manufacturing is a leading Tier 1 automotive supplier to a growing portfolio of Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) customers. Since 1981, Challenge Manufacturing has grown from a very small shop in Walker, Michigan to 12 locations across North America with 4,000 team members supported by 1,500 industrial robots.
What Makes Us Different?
Challenge Manufacturing is an employee-owned company and is currently ranked in the top 50 largest employee-owned companies in North America. Being an employee-owned company enables the Company to maintain a collaborative and teamwork-oriented work culture. Additionally, over time as the company grows, employees will share in that upside financially through ESOP retirement benefits.
Challenge is #PeoplePowered!
$29 - $39 an hour
Maintains stamping presses and related equipment. Troubleshoots and repairs industrial equipment. Diagnoses and repairs or replaces faulty electronic/electrical components. Have an understanding PLC logic with the ability to read its functions and the ability to trouble shoot with it. Understand the operation of press equipment and related equipment. Assist facilities with electrical projects. Assist Maintenance Mechanic when needed.
Responsibilities & Results
- Follow specified maintenance and repair procedures to install, maintain, and repair production machinery and tools.
- Visually inspects and listens to machines and equipment to locate causes of malfunctions. Tears down machines and equipment to gain access to problem areas and inspects parts to detect wear, misalignment or other problems.
- Performs a broad range of maintenance activities necessary to keep press operations running efficiently and effectively.
- Uses PLEX to document appropriate downtime codes.
- High school diploma or equivalent (required).
- Four years of experience as an industrial electrician (required).
- State Licensed Electrician / Journeyman Card holder (preferred).
- Minimum of three years' experience working in and/or servicing manufacturing environments as an Industrial Electrician (required).
- Must be able to understand and follow written and verbal workplace instructions.
- Must be able to work up to 12 hours per day, including Saturday and Sunday.
- Robotics training (electrical, Mechanical) (preferred).
- Must be able to analyze and troubleshoot electrical malfunctions in equipment and related components, diagnosing and correcting the problems quickly to avoid production delays.
- Must be able to install electrical conduit and devices, performing all work from prints or general direction according to National Electrical Code and handle all other assignments associated with the electrical trade (mounting of electrical boxes, brackets, controls, switches, and safety hardware, etc.).
- Must have a strong mechanical / electrical aptitude and working knowledge of electrical machine components, electronic circuits and pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Must be able to read electrical schematics and understand electrical principals and codes.
- Must know and follow established safety procedures including a working knowledge of OSHA & MIOSHA regulations.
- Must be physically capable of performing the essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Benefits We Offer:
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, Health Savings Account with annual employer contributions, Flexible Spending Accounts, Company-Paid Short-Term Disability and Basic Life, Voluntary Life and LTD, Employer 401k Match, ESOP shares, tuition reimbursement, and paid time off.