Who We Are:
Challenge Manufacturing is a leading Tier 1 automotive supplier to a growing portfolio of Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) customers. Since 1981, Challenge Manufacturing has grown from a very small shop in Walker, Michigan to 12 locations across North America with 4,000 team members supported by 1,500 industrial robots.
What Makes Us Different?
Challenge Manufacturing is an employee-owned company and is currently ranked in the top 50 largest employee-owned companies in North America. Being an employee-owned company enables the Company to maintain a collaborative and teamwork-oriented work culture. Additionally, over time as the company grows, employees will share in that upside financially through ESOP retirement benefits.
Challenge is #PeoplePowered!
Trainer perform the following duties in a manufacturing setting:
- Conducts New Hire training with all contract and direct hire team members to prepare all team members for their experiences in the plant
- Presents Challenge’s safety, quality and production standards training to form a unified vision across all team members
- Instructs team members on the proper use of gauges and other measurement devises to check parts to increase quality parts output
- Teaches team members how to utilize Plex (ERP system) at their work station to expedite acclimation to the production floor
- Administers pre and post tests for all training to gauge team member understanding
- Inputs training records for individual team members to maintain a current profile
- Assist the Training Coordinator with technical skills training and operational testing such as; hilo, aerial lift, quality skills training, crane safety, etc..
- Mentor production team members and new hires during on-the-job training phase
- Audit training and skills matrix to ensure that team members running production are properly trained and have records in the system to document their skill level
- Assist team leaders with small group dynamics, conflict resolution, and performance management skills development.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Able to stand for 8-10 hours a day and be physically capable of performing the essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Four years manufacturing experience
- Public speaking experience
- Use of Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Instructional/teaching experience
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Benefits We Offer:
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, Health Savings Account with annual employer contributions, Flexible Spending Accounts, Company-Paid Short-Term Disability and Basic Life, Voluntary Life and LTD, Employer 401k Match, ESOP shares, tuition reimbursement, and paid time off.