Who We Are:
Challenge Manufacturing is a leading Tier 1 automotive supplier to a growing portfolio of Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) customers. Since 1981, Challenge Manufacturing has grown from a very small shop in Walker, Michigan to 12 locations across North America with 4,000 team members supported by 1,500 industrial robots.
What Makes Us Different?
Challenge Manufacturing is an employee-owned company and is currently ranked in the top 50 largest employee-owned companies in North America. Being an employee-owned company enables the Company to maintain a collaborative and teamwork-oriented work culture. Additionally, over time as the company grows, employees will share in that upside financially through ESOP retirement benefits.
Challenge is #PeoplePowered!
Conducts training across the plant for employees at all levels of the organization to provide team members with the knowledge, skills and abilities to meet the expectation for their various roles and responsibilities.
RESPONSIBLITIES AND RESULTS
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Observes and complies with all safety, environmental, regulatory, and statutory requirements associated with this job description
- Participates in needs analysis; attends and performs the requirements of scheduled training and education programs identified for this position
- Conducts New Hire training with all contract and direct hire team members to prepare all team members for their experiences in the plant
- Presents Challenge’s safety, quality and production standards training to form a unified vision across all team members
- Instructs team members on the proper use of check fixtures (gages) and other measurement devices for checking parts to increase quality parts output
- Teaches team members how to utilize Plex (ERP system) at their work station to expedite acclimation to the production floor
- Administers pre and post-training tests for all iterations to evaluate team member understanding
- Inputs training records for individual team members to maintain a current profile
- Assist the Training Coordinator with technical skills training and operational testing such as, but not limited to: forklift; aerial lift; quality skills; crane safety; authorized employee lockout/tagout; etc.
- Mentor production team members and new hires during their on-the-job training phase
- Audit training and skills matrix to ensure that team members running production are properly trained and have records in the system to document their skill level
- Assist team leaders with small group dynamics, conflict resolution, and performance management skills development
- Must be able to understand and follow written and verbal workplace instructions.
- High School Graduate or equivalent – two-year degree or certification preferred
- Minimum two years manufacturing experience required – four years preferred
- Instructional/Teaching experience preferred
- Must be able to pass and maintain necessary certifications: Authorized LOTO, Overhead Crane, & Forklift
- Use of Microsoft Office Suite – computer proficiency required
- Public speaking experience preferred
- Reliable work ethic, especially regarding attendance and performance
- Bilingual language proficiency preferred (English/Spanish), but not required
- Adhere to safety rules of the plant – including PPE requirements
Benefits We Offer:
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, Health Savings Account with annual employer contributions, Flexible Spending Accounts, Company-Paid Short-Term Disability and Basic Life, Voluntary Life and LTD, Employer 401k Match, ESOP shares, tuition reimbursement, and paid time off.