Who We Are:
Challenge Manufacturing is a leading Tier 1 automotive supplier to a growing portfolio of Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) customers. Since 1981, Challenge Manufacturing has grown from a very small shop in Walker, Michigan to 12 locations across North America with 4,000 team members supported by 1,500 industrial robots.
What Makes Us Different?
Challenge Manufacturing is an employee-owned company and is currently ranked in the top 50 largest employee-owned companies in North America. Being an employee-owned company enables the Company to maintain a collaborative and teamwork-oriented work culture. Additionally, over time as the company grows, employees will share in that upside financially through ESOP retirement benefits.
Challenge is #PeoplePowered!
$22 - $24 an hour
Provide production support by performing setup, troubleshooting and operations of automated welding cells within a production facility, as well as implementing best practices and proactively assess welding/robotic applications.
- Follow all safety procedures and protocols while servicing or maintaining equipment.
- Cleans machines.
- Performs welding tip changes.
- Performs change over process of stationary welders, change out cells, and automated cells.
- Performs fixture preventative maintenance tasks.
- Follows proper lubrication practices for linear bearings, ball screws, and pillow block bearings.
- Able to run Red Rabbit process and troubleshoot issues if a failure occurs (i.e., properly adjust sensors or switches).
- Performs basic welding technology troubleshooting (i.e., resistance spot welding applications, weld tip inspection, tip force, shunt cable inspection/replacement, etc.), Inspects and replaces GMAW components (i.e., nozzle, tip, diffusers, goose necks, welding torches, etc.).
- Performs basic nut feeder adjustments (i.e., inspection for proper level of nuts, spear alignment, and clearing jams).
- Performs basic cell resets (i.e., homing cell, robot, and tooling).
- Touches up points/welds within a program.
- Troubleshoots and repairs proximity switch issues.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & JOB REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent (required).
- Must be able to understand and follow written and verbal workplace instructions.
- Must be able to work up to 12 hours per day, including Saturday and Sunday.
- Basic experience with Microsoft applications, i.e., word, excel, outlook, etc. (required).
- Basic welding theory and experience with resistance welding, projection welding, GMAW welding, and acetylene torch (required).
- Basic knowledge of dispense systems (required).
- Must be able to obtain hi-lo license.
- Ability to locate and troubleshoot the root cause of issues (required).
- Use of hand measuring tools (volt meters, micrometers, calipers, tape measures) (required).
- May be required to obtain aerial platform lift license.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with automated welding applications (required)
- Experience with ABB and Fanuc robots (preferred).
Benefits We Offer:
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, Health Savings Account with annual employer contributions, Flexible Spending Accounts, Company-Paid Short-Term Disability and Basic Life, Voluntary Life and LTD, Employer 401k Match, ESOP shares, tuition reimbursement, and paid time off.