Who We Are:
Challenge Manufacturing is a leading Tier 1 automotive supplier to a growing portfolio of Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) customers. Since 1981, Challenge Manufacturing has grown from a very small shop in Walker, Michigan to 12 locations across North America with 4,000 team members supported by 1,500 industrial robots.
What Makes Us Different?
Challenge Manufacturing is an employee-owned company and is currently ranked in the top 50 largest employee-owned companies in North America. Being an employee-owned company enables the Company to maintain a collaborative and teamwork-oriented work culture. Additionally, over time as the company grows, employees will share in that upside financially through ESOP retirement benefits.
Challenge is #PeoplePowered!
The Talent Acquisition Manager is responsible for the overall management of day-to-day recruitment operations for all salary and skilled trades positions throughout the organization. The TA Manager will work closely with senior leadership, Hiring Managers, and HR Managers to develop and execute a long-term talent acquisition strategy that supports company objectives.
RESPONSIBLITIES AND RESULTS:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Hire, coach, and develop a high impact team of Recruiters/Coordinators
- Provide day to day guidance, communication, and coaching for Recruiter/Coordinators
- Partner with leaders and HR Business Partners to assess hiring needs for the organization
- Develop an inclusive talent acquisition strategy that executes on key hiring priorities
- Set team performance goals and metrics, timelines and formal tracking process to measure and manage progress
- Leverage long-term relationships with talent pools and communities across the industry to identify candidates
- Advise hiring managers and HR Business Partners on key decisions throughout the staffing process, including candidate evaluation, interviewing, offers, process efficiencies and improvements
- Collaborate on key talent acquisition initiatives, leading projects as assigned
- Research and benchmark talent acquisition strategies, tools and vendors; champion new recruiting methods
- Build and manage relationships with executive internal stakeholders
- Develop strong relationships with select universities, engaging students through job fairs, information sessions, campus organizations, internships, and career services
- Partner with internal stakeholders to ensure successful utilization of college recruitment internships
- Help to establish and promote an employment brand that clearly articulates our employment value proposition in a competitive market
- Work closely with stakeholders to influence and deliver a high-quality candidate experience through all aspects of the recruitment funnel
- Assist with selection and management of staffing vendors/partners
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Experience working with large, complex organizations during periods of growth and change
- Experience managing and developing a team
- Experience with multiple recruitment and onboarding platforms (AD Workforce Now preferred)
- Strong oral and written communication skills in addition to strong active listening skills
- Ability to think conceptually and demonstrate creativity
- Exceptional decision-making skills and resourcefulness
- Ability to adapt in a frequently changing environment and ability to work independently
- Demonstrated leadership capacity and desire to grow personally and professionally
- A passion for building relationships and enjoys learning the “why” behind a candidate’s experience
- Enjoys collaborating and working as a team to meet hiring needs
- Has high standards of performance for self.
- Takes responsibility for actions, results, and mistakes.
- Is thorough, accurate, and reliable when performing and completing job tasks; demonstrates honesty and integrity in all aspects of work.
- Takes positive action to objectively resolve conflict by listening, staying focused on issue to find resolution, and monitoring progress.
- Maintains positive relationships by constructively resolving conflicts.
- Uses feedback from others to continuously improve performance and work relationships.
- Moves within own and/or other work areas (flexes) to support plant flow.
- Works with sense of urgency to meet needs of customers.
- Has necessary experience, skills, and knowledge to perform all aspects of job; rotates through all job responsibilities.
- Maintains knowledge and skills to perform job effectively.
- Has ability to focus on benefits of change and see it as positive; approaches change or newness in constructive/objective manner; views change as learning opportunity.
- Looks for good in others; works collaboratively with others; shares information and knowledge.
- Is at work when scheduled and ensures coverage when absent; takes timely breaks/lunches; uses time wisely.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred
- Minimum of three years’ managing a team
- Minimum of five years’ experience as a full-cycle recruiter required
- Experience recruiting in the manufacturing industry preferred
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Benefits We Offer:
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, Health Savings Account with annual employer contributions, Flexible Spending Accounts, Company-Paid Short-Term Disability and Basic Life, Voluntary Life and LTD, Employer 401k Match, ESOP shares, tuition reimbursement, and paid time off.